Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Dina friedman course question/family first article

momto4

Post Sun, Feb 07 2010, 9:20 pm
im enrolled in the course and its very good and informative so far. what I was kind of skeptical about from this past week was about the fact that if we didnt nurture our babies in the way they needed (thru physical contact), then we can "make up for it" now. so every time we hug our 5 yr. old we should have the machshavos that weare fullfilling this need and the will internalize it and feel as if they never missed out. now to be honest it sounded kind of strange to me but its definately worth a shot and easy to do. well over shabbos I was reading family first (from mishpacha) and I read the article about positive thinking from rabbanit yosef. I was also kind of skeptical. she was saying that if we think positively about something then changes will happen. it was just very interesting. what do you think? how much of our THOUGHTS and INTENTIONS really play a role?

granolamom

Post Sun, Feb 07 2010, 9:34 pm
I took dena friedmans class last year. I was skeptical at first too, but decided I would try it with an open mind and I am so glad I did. I can tell you that intention makes a HUGE difference. HUGE. it is probably the one thing that made the biggest difference in my home, and in my own self.
even if it feels silly, TRY IT. you have nothing to lose and so much to gain.
enjoy the class, I am waiting for my mp3's to get here so I can listen to it all again. I cannot tell you how much that class changed me, my relationship with my children and with Hashem. its pretty incredible.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 08 2010, 8:51 am
granolamom wrote:
I took dena friedmans class last year. I was skeptical at first too, but decided I would try it with an open mind and I am so glad I did. I can tell you that intention makes a HUGE difference. HUGE. it is probably the one thing that made the biggest difference in my home, and in my own self.
even if it feels silly, TRY IT. you have nothing to lose and so much to gain.
enjoy the class, I am waiting for my mp3's to get here so I can listen to it all again. I cannot tell you how much that class changed me, my relationship with my children and with Hashem. its pretty incredible.

I agree with everything you said!

Lehavdil in the secular world, a very famous movie called the Secret deals with the power of our thoughts.
It says that an individual's focused positive thinking can result in life-changing results such as increased wealth, health, happiness and more.
I also know that the Lubavitcher Rebbe said "Tracht Gut Vet Zein Gut"
And the Baal Shem Tov used to say "Da Ma Lemala Mimcha" know that whatever happens Mimcha is from you, you are actually creating it by your thougts.

kollel wife

Post Mon, Feb 08 2010, 12:11 pm
I imagine it's not a magical thing that our thoughts have a hashpaa, but rather it affects our whole body language and tone of voice, which the other person senses. I.e. even if we're saying something nicely but feeling angry others will sense that. Imagine if we didn't feel angry at all.

estibesty

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 3:17 pm
where is dina friedman from???

mominlkwd

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 3:22 pm
estibesty wrote:

She is in Israel but she gives classes over the phone - I think once a week. I've heard she's super

estibesty

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 3:25 pm
any good parenting classes here in lkwd? im thinking about taking some but I have a hard time sitting throu unless its REALLY intresting.

mominlkwd

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 3:33 pm
Same here. That's what's supposed to be so great about Dina. You can listen whenever you want for as long as you want. If you can't listen live, you can listen later. They have a website you can listen to samples. I did that when I was considering it.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 4:34 pm
Is it possible to sign up in the middle?

mominlkwd

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 4:55 pm
amother wrote:
Is it possible to sign up in the middle?

Don't know. Go to the website clparenting.com they advertised on imamother before registration closed. They have all the info. on the website

soulful music

Post Thu, Feb 11 2010, 9:42 am
estibesty wrote:

She is from Australia and lives in Eretz yisrael.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics