Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Where should we live?
Previous  1  2  3

shira

Post Sun, Jun 11 2006, 4:36 pm
BatshevaB wrote:
Shira- do you live in Beitar A or B? As I said before we are currently renting in Neve Yaakov and really we do love it here. But we would really like to get serious about buying and we are not sure we can get what we want here. We have seen a lot of places and the prices even in the mitchareid are going up. Do you know if you can get something for around 130 there that is 3 bedrooms with a gina or mirpeset anymore? I have heard it is cheaper in B since they are still building but it is not as established.

I live in Givah B. You can definitely get something like what you are referring to in Givah B for $130,000- perhaps even less. Givah B is less established but growing at a VERY rapid pace. Also, its where most of the young people are going. I have FEW friends my age (or better yet- my stage- 2 kids, etc) in Givah A but MOST are in B. CEO, is your friend renting in A or did she buy?
BatshevaB, there are actually a number of Neve Yaakov pple who have moved/in process of moving to Beitar. Perhaps they are the best to give you perspective? PM me for details if you are interested.

shira

Post Sun, Jun 11 2006, 4:47 pm
mummyof6 wrote:
Another thing you should look into when you're choosing somewhere is employment possibilities for the wife (if she intends to work). Some of these more remote places like Kiryat Sefer (I don't know about Beitar) have almost no jobs going because there is no industry there. (If women aren't working they don't have the need/money for so many clothes/doing their sheitels/ sending to gan etc either)

Interestingly enough, both kiryat Sefer AND Beitar have a company called "Citybook" which was brought to both places with that very purpose in mind- to create job opportunities for women in the area. All of the women I know who work there (for this particular job you have to have a good command of English) are very satisfied with the warm, friendly, and tzniusdik work environment.
Pindrus (our helige mayor:) ) is VERY interested in developing more industry in Beitar and has set aside a shetach as an industrial area. There is another large israeli company called "Moalem" (or something like that) who has established a branch in Beitar. They are now hiring women with a background in computer programming.

ceo

Post Sun, Jun 11 2006, 9:21 pm
willow wrote:
Does anyone know much about kiryat sefar? It was suggested to dh as a yeshivish and nice community. Also shira can you tell me more about beitar. Is there a difference between A and B? Is there a american shul? Are the ppl mostly young or middle.. Is it very friendly or maybe a bit jappy?

I used to spend a lot of shabbosim in K. Sefer, single and married by a very choshuveh family that I was close to. It's very, very nice there. People are truly dedicated to Torah and living a poshut lifestyle. In Kiryat Sefer itself, there is less diversity amongst the people. Meaning- most of the population is litvish, and to a certain degree, there is a certain "mold." Brachfeld, the newer part, is more diverse. All charedi, but litvaks, sefardim, chassidishe (more like Beitar).

I have friends who live (and are very happy) in Beitar. They originally lived in k. Sefer. Before making aliyah, they spoke to an acquaintance in K. Sefer who said (b'kitzur):
"Don't come here. You're americans, you work (ie- the husband works, not learns) and you're BTs. You will probably have a hard time here." And they did....they were in K. sEfer for a year, and moved when their apt. in Beitar was ready! A lot of people who live in K. Sefer will tell you that straightout- it's a very nice, but "cookie-cutter" place, and if you don't fit in, you really don;t fit in.
My husband's close friend from kolel lives in Brachfeld. Now he is working, and he says, that as a working guy, he doesn't feel 100% comfortable there, but he thinks its great for his kids, so he is staying put.

I don't think Beitar or K. Sefer are jappy at all! Quite the opposite. The girls that I know from seminary who are living in these places are so simple, down to earth women, really focused on what's important in life. Okay, really, I want my DH to telecommute so we can live in either neve yakov or beitar!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics