Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Advice Please: Writing a Book

amother

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 1:32 pm
I was approached with an offer by someone who would like me to write a book (it is a memoir). I have no clue how to begin! Firstly, what is the going rate for someone who is hired to write a book. I know the materials are all in various transcripts that have to be sifted through and made sense of. How many months can a project like this take? Realistically speaking, how many hours a day can I devote to writing. Can anyone with experience in writing/editing help me out?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 10:06 pm
bump

anyone?

Etonnemoi

Post Tue, Mar 02 2010, 11:39 pm
Anyone watching this thread?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 03 2010, 6:42 am
There might not be many women on this site who have written books and have the experience needed to answer your questions.

I would Google your questions and also ask your question on Yahoo Answers. You're likely to find some useful information that way.

Hatzlacha

Etonnemoi

Post Thu, Mar 04 2010, 11:30 am
Just keep in mind that transcription of recorded interviews takes HOURS longer than anticipated (I do this for a living) and it can be mind-blowingly boring work.

....just giving you the heads up, always ask for more than you think you'll need - otherwise you'll end up frustrated and overworked.

I know how you can get in touch with the woman who wrote the Rebbetzin Bender book, if you want to PM me I can try to get you connected...she worked several YEARS on that one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers