Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Shalach manos for a duck theme

murm

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 6:49 pm
my kids are dressing up like ducks. does anyone have any cute ideas what to give out for shalach manos?

B"H

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 7:05 pm
a dozen eggs? just kidding. everything yellow?

foreverhappy

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 7:13 pm
delete

Last edited by foreverhappy on Sun, Jul 10 2011, 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

imasinger

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 7:18 pm
Cheese and quackers!

Maybe also some other water related things, like swedish fish, or cupcakes with blue frosting to be a pond.

PIP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 7:27 pm
eggrolls w\ "duck" sauce

murm

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 7:30 pm
foreverhappy I live in brooklyn, crown heights

Nomad

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 8:22 pm
you can make a little "lake" with either a blue tray or a blue bag with blue paper fluffy stuff in it. in the lake, you can put cookie "rocks", green sour stick "grass", jelly fish, round candy for duck eggs. to tie it together, you can get a ittle duck toy. you may be able to find a little chick toy because its easter and those look like ducks sometimes. those can usually be gotten from party city, amazing savings, or your local big chain drugstore.

or like the other poster said, just do everything yellow... Smile

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 9:48 pm
I decorated those disposable plastic containers (the ones you get in take out stores and come in diff sizes) and decorated the container like a duck. Stuck on googly eyes. Made a beak with orange foam, found some yellow curly stuff at a craft store and stuck it on the top cover. Inside I filled it with yellow food and some yellow tissue paper or yellow paper strips. I also made yellow and white cookies (like those black and white cookies) and decorated it like a duck.

rise above

Post Fri, Feb 19 2010, 12:55 pm
I did this one year and made cupcakes with yellow sugar on top , put them in a clear square container with 2 clear pretty little baggies with yellow heads and yellow jelly beans. for a nice touch I attached a yellow ducky to the top. I got a lot of compliments and did the whole thing in a few seconds flat!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics