Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Nut theme

imasinger

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 5:14 pm
OK, I know I posted before about how maybe nobody even notices, but I must confess -- I do themes every year, and was just in a grumpy mood at the time.

We are planning a nut theme for this year, but I'm a little concerned about allergies. Would you do it? I'm thinking of including some nuts, some Nutty Chews, and maybe some other items that contain nuts. If everything's packaged, then, if there are allergies, people can just pass it on, right?

bashinda

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 7:49 pm
I would rather be safe than sorry, and do a different theme personally, but then again I saw my father have an allergic reaction to sesame seed oil. It was pretty scary.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 7:50 pm
If I knew some of the recipients had an allergy, I think it wouldn't be right to bring a Nut Themed MM.

OldYoung

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 9:30 pm
Right, I would pass it on, or just put it straight into my husband's car. LOL We have nut allergies in our family...

imasinger

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 10:54 am
chocolate moose wrote:
If I knew some of the recipients had an allergy, I think it wouldn't be right to bring a Nut Themed MM.

The thing is, I don't know. I know there are some nut allergies in the community, but I don't know who is and who isn't.

mosma

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 11:57 am
my son is highly allergic to nuts and peanuts. if someone sent me a nut theme shalach manos it would HAVE to be in a wrapping or I would panic. otherwise I would just pass it on to my mother or something, but if it was a friend sending it to me I'd be pretty insulted since they should know about his allergy (and they do!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics