Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Most amazing costume you've EVER seen?

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 1:59 pm
What is the most creative, original, fantastic, or otherwise outstanding costume you have seen on any Purim ever? Or have you made or worn a costume you think is the best you've ever seen? Please share pics if you can!

Fox

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 4:38 pm
Well, I don't know if this qualifies as "amazing" or even "fantastic," but my DDs and I are still smiling as we recall a five-year-old at a local mesiba who was dressed as Queen Elizabeth II.

She wore a very tailored suit -- probably a Shabbos outfit. She had white gloves, a handbag, and a small hat with a net veil. She carried a Union Jack in one hand, and she wore pearls and earrings. Her mother had powdered her dark hair so that it looked a bit grey, and she wore a subdued shade of lipstick.

It was a comparatively subtle costume, but her mother had obviously taught her a few tricks: she carried the handbag exactly like the Queen!

We complimented her mother on the originality and marvelous attention to detail, and the mother immediately grabbed the child and pulled her over to hear our praises. Apparently the little girl was somewhat upset because no one else "got" her costume -- but we assured her that in our opinions, her costume was the best one of the evening!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 4:47 pm
I like homemade costumes - like a Shabbos table or a taco. If someone spends money, that doesn't impress me.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 4:48 pm
I thought you were impressed by that store bought paroches costume.

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Tue, Mar 02 2010, 10:30 am
love the queen elizabeth idea! how original!
I saw a "costume" where the kid was wearing a hat, pants, and vest made entirely of nosh wrappers, laminated I think. I don't know if he was supposed to be anything in particular but it sure looked cool! also saw a little 3 year old dressed as an amish girl - pretty original, and she totally looked like she was for real (how do I know she wasn't? because her dad wore a shtreimel...), it wasn't a "costumey" kind of costume.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics