Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Lakewood, Arlington Ave Area

amother

Post Fri, Mar 05 2010, 9:01 am
anyone on here live in the arlington ave area that can tell me if there are problems there because of the [non-Jewish people] that live in all those apartments. I looked at a house in the newer area of arlington that they plan on building up and I wanted to know what the story is over there.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 07 2010, 11:09 pm
anybody?

SingALong

Post Sun, Mar 07 2010, 11:13 pm
go to thelakewoodscoop.com they reported several drug busts the past couple of weeks, with locations so maybe go to maps see if that's anywhere near where you are looking to buy.

small bean

Post Thu, Mar 11 2010, 3:14 pm
I live in that area - never any problems at all. I actually live right near all them and never had any issues. I

amother

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 11:02 pm
anyone know how much the basements rent for in the arlington area and if its hard to find a tenant for that area??

small bean

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 11:06 am
for which houses in the area? the attached or seperate? I would think around 950 for attached and 1200 for seperate (with 3 bedrooms, 1100 for 2) thses are estimates... very easy to find tennents ppl love the area...

YoMom

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 11:42 am
Very nice area, pretty easy to find basement tenants (being one myself). Don't live right there but close by, but never heard of any problems with the nonjews. I know many people in Pine River Estates (Arlington, Lincoln, Ashley, etc) and they all love it!

MrsDash

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 11:49 am
You've got some "hood" type people living there, but a lot more Jewish families are and have moved there. Is there a specific reason you are only looking into that area? How about Central Ave Wink

amother

Post Fri, May 21 2010, 6:36 pm
I live on arlington, and like it very much. The [non-Jewish people] are not a problem. They are being overrun by us yidden, lol

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 1:03 am
I'm looking to rent an apartment in that area, can you PM me?

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 6:22 am
Bumping this up. We are considering buying in this area but wth the renters market today, is it difficult to find tenants? Thank you.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 7:08 am
From what I hear if its brand new its much easier, I do see alot available in masa umatan in the are that arent brand new.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 7:26 am
As of now, it's a very desirable area and if you charge 1000-1100 you'll probably get grabbed up.
But things are liable to change any minute, so if you're first buying and building now, and house won't be ready for a year, make sure you have a backup plan if you are counting on that money for mortgage or anything else

amother
Navy

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 8:42 am
Hello. We moved to this neighborhood recently. Which Mikvah do women go to during the week? Do they go to the big Lakewood one or is there another one closer? Thank you.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 9:07 am
amother wrote:
Hello. We moved to this neighborhood recently. Which Mikvah do women go to during the week? Do they go to the big Lakewood one or is there another one closer? Thank you.

I go to the New Hampshire one

amother
Violet

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 5:00 pm
I found the main mikva to be a closer drive then new hampshire. Theres also Mikva toba on the corner of central avenue and sunset.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 7:03 pm
Mikva toba is hard to get an appt - there are so few rooms.
there is also the Westgate mikva that has a jacuzzi room, they start taking appts 12:00 2 nights before I think.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 1:43 pm
amother wrote:
I found the main mikva to be a closer drive then new hampshire. Theres also Mikva toba on the corner of central avenue and sunset.

Thank you so much. How far is the main Mikvah and what is the phone number? Thank you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating