Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
11 month old giving up BOTH naps suddenly?!

amother

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 10:51 pm
My dd is 11 months old and, for the last 4 days, has gone completely haywire with respect to her naps. She usually takes a morning and afternoon nap, but the last four days she's gone to sleep well but woken up after 5-15 minutes! She literally passes out in my arms and then wakes up 5 minutes later. She's exhausted and grumpy and won't go back to sleep! The rest of the day she's very cranky and I'm always sure she'll take a good afternoon nap, but then we have the same thing at that time.

I think she might be going through some teething issues. I keep her on advil as needed to manage pain. She's also become extremely curious and active (more than ever before).

Is this temporary, or are we done with napping? The weird thing is that she's SO tired all the time, so why doesn't she nap? It's not like she doesn't need the nap - she does!

I'm freaking out at the prospect of giving up naps altogether at 11 months old.

bnm

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 11:04 pm
I can't help you, my daughter only started taking decent naps at 13.5 months... till then it was never dependable, if she did fall asleep I didn't know if it will last 10 minutes or 1 hour... was usually 10 minutes

flowerpower

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 11:14 pm
An 11 month old must nap. I would suggest putting her to bed for her first nap a little later then usual. She might just take one nice longer nap. My dd is younger and only takes a morning nap. If she is teething give something before the nap so she can sleep peacefully.

desertrose

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 3:18 am
Join the club! My dd has never been a great sleeper to begin with....
Although for the past 2 days she is unsettled, low fever and cant sleep at night. Last night we were up at 4am playing. When she started crying in the middle I realised she is in great pain. I suspect teething, because she hasnt got any teeth yet at 10 mnths or stomach hurting. Wish they could talk and tell us whats bothering them, otherwise its just a guessing game and mother instinct.
Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics