Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
How do you keep track of your schedule?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 5:24 pm
Like when there's school, doctor's appt., etc...

I am not into doing these things electronically. I bought myself this huge calendar. Each square is about 2-2 1/2" big and all it has is the date and lines to write on. I love it!!

shanie5

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 6:30 pm
all get programed into my cell phone-with reminders.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 7:34 pm
I carry a date book.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 9:12 pm
I have a calendar that hangs on the inside of one of my kitchen cabinet doors.

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 2:33 am
I started using the covey system last July and I am finding it very helpful!

cinnamon

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 3:26 am
what is the covey system? (I am always looking for ways to stay organized)

e1234

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 4:03 am
I have on my wall hanging calendar and outlook alerts

drumjj

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 4:23 am
phone

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 4:44 am
cinnamon wrote:

Covey Planning

I happen to use his planner, but I guess you can use a cheap one from staples just as easlily. Pretty much picking one planner and using it, relying on it for tasks, writing down "todo" lists, scheduling in things, etc. You put in your "big rocks" (most important things) weekly, and then plan daily and equalize. I'm not going to say I'm perfect, but I'm working on it! I highly recommend his books if you haven't read them, and also Julie Morgenstern "Time Management from the Inside Out" (I think her book is more practical if you just want to get started. I actually read her years ago, and I see now she works with him because he has some planners designed for her system).

cinnamon

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 4:52 am
RachelEve14 wrote:
cinnamon wrote:

Covey Planning

I happen to use his planner, but I guess you can use a cheap one from staples just as easlily. Pretty much picking one planner and using it, relying on it for tasks, writing down "todo" lists, scheduling in things, etc. You put in your "big rocks" (most important things) weekly, and then plan daily and equalize. I'm not going to say I'm perfect, but I'm working on it! I highly recommend his books if you haven't read them, and also Julie Morgenstern "Time Management from the Inside Out" (I think her book is more practical if you just want to get started. I actually read her years ago, and I see now she works with him because he has some planners designed for her system).

thanks!
I use my phone for appointments and reminders, a regular notebook for to do lists and exel for permanent lists (shoping lists, purim/pesach lists etc.)

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 4:54 am
All my appointments go onto my calendar on my iphone. But I never have more then a couple items any given week. My schedule doesn't really vary all that much. In the future, when it probably will, I will probably need to have something more visual laid out in front of me, either a desk or wall calendar. The phone is nice because it's always with you and you can't "double book" but the truth is I forget about things until the reminder beep comes.

cinnamon

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 4:58 am
MiracleMama wrote:
All my appointments go onto my calendar on my iphone. But I never have more then a couple items any given week. My schedule doesn't really vary all that much. In the future, when it probably will, I will probably need to have something more visual laid out in front of me, either a desk or wall calendar. The phone is nice because it's always with you and you can't "double book" but the truth is I forget about things until the reminder beep comes.

I have the phone remind me of every appointment the night before this way I can plan the day accordingly.
also an hour before I have to leave and then again when ever I have to leave.

louche

Post Fri, Mar 12 2010, 10:56 am
I'm one for the big wall calendar. A friend whom I visited had a huge one the size of a desk blotter on her fridge, and on it were all the appointments and obligations for the whole fam. I loved the idea and adopted it.

It's amusing to see how excited guests are to see their names there: "Oh, look, it says right here, Mindy for Shabbos lunch!"

Well, of course it does. How else would I remember?

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 12 2010, 12:59 pm
louche wrote:
I'm one for the big wall calendar.

Except that the recetionist used it for her personal inyamin. The whole office knew when she chnaged her linens. No joke.

louche wrote:
It's amusing to see how excited guests are to see their names there: "Oh, look, it says right here, Mindy for Shabbos lunch!"

I also like that !!!!!

Twizzlers

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 1:59 pm
I'm also for the big wall calendar. right now I have a smaller one since I dont have that many things on my schedule.
as a kid growing up, we had one of those huge ones on the kitchen wall and we would each write in our school schedule (days off, no bus service) each kid in a different color to diffrentiate. at one point there were 5 of us kids in 5 diff schools so it was necessary.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Mar 24 2010, 12:42 am
I use my cell phone calendar. It rings to remind me, and I carry it with me wherever I go. If I didn't write down everything I have to do I'd never remember a thing and nothing would get done. Funny thing is, people see me checking my phone calendar and writing stuff down immediately and they comment on how 'organized' I am when the truth is I am the opposite of organized and that's why I need to immediately write everything down in the first place...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics