Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
ISO Zucchini Kugel recipe with potato pancake mix

loveshoes

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 5:42 pm
I found a recipe on the website for Zucchini Kugel with Matza ball mix, but someone told me that there is a recipe for zucchini kugel with potato pancake mix in it. Does anyone have that recipe? Maybe a recipe for Pesach??

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 7:14 pm
I dont have it but PM me if you find it--especially something for pesach! I am always on the prowl for new pesach recipes...

flowerpower

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 7:26 pm
I never add a mix to mine. I cook it, saute onions (sometimes red pepper diced and mushrooms too) add spices, mash it all together, and bake.

newwife14

Post Thu, Mar 11 2010, 4:50 am
I make the kugel with potato pancake mix. I don't have exact measurements but here's what I do:
-grate around 3-4 zuchinni in food processor (I take out the inner blade so it's not ground too finely)
-optional: grate 1 onion
-pour into bowl and add around 3 eggs and 1/3 cup oil
-add 1 package potato pancake mix
-pour into greased pan and bake for around an hour or until browned on top (I think at around 375)

loveshoes

Post Thu, Mar 11 2010, 6:45 am
newwife14 wrote:
I make the kugel with potato pancake mix. I don't have exact measurements but here's what I do:
-grate around 3-4 zuchinni in food processor (I take out the inner blade so it's not ground too finely)
-optional: grate 1 onion
-pour into bowl and add around 3 eggs and 1/3 cup oil
-add 1 package potato pancake mix
-pour into greased pan and bake for around an hour or until browned on top (I think at around 375)

Do you add any additional spices?
Also what size pan do you put it in?
Thanks for the recipe. It looks great!

newwife14

Post Fri, Mar 12 2010, 4:55 am
You don't need to add spices since the potato pancake mix alraedy has, but if you want more you can add a little salt and pepper. I ususally bake in a 9x13 but the size varies based on the zuchinni.

loveshoes

Post Fri, Mar 12 2010, 5:15 am
thank you
I will try this recipe for Pesach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes