Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Good-looking, Comfortable Sneakers?

downsyndrome

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 10:08 am
I am wondering whether there are any real comfortable sneakers out there that look half decent too. I have been wearing the SAS sneakers for years and I've been looking like my great-great-great grandmother. However, they are the only comfortable sneaker I have ever worn. Just this past Sunday I dressed up and went out for several hours in beautiful, elegant, stylish shoes. By the time I came home my feet felt like they were walking on burning coals! Even kicking off those shoes didn't help; the barefoot feeling was not relieving. As soon as I stepped into my SAS's I felt like in Gan Eden. They have such comfortable, marshmallow-ey soles, it was therapeutic.
I have heard that New Balance is also very comfortable, but they are so athletic looking. If I am going to make the change then I want to change into something that is a little more attractive and feminine.
Any ideas?

Sorry Kutiepie, for this dull post; I hope you never get to see it Very Happy Very Happy

yrs1025

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 10:54 am
I like New Balance and as long as my feet are comfortable and not hurting at the end of the day, I don't care that my shoes have the athletic look to them.

chen

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 11:05 am
Let's hear it for SAS! Been wearing them for years. Soft Spots are also very comfy. Athletic-looking shoes, which imply that one is fit and health-conscious, are not so bad; what I mind is orthopedic-looking shoes, which mine definitely are! basically I avoid looking at myself from the knees down, and console myslef that in ugly shoes I can still show the world a smiling face. In dress shoes (which I haven't worn in years, don't ask) the floor-level view would be nice but the world would see a pained, strained, unsmiling countenance.

wish I could afford custom-made shoes, but SAS is exorbitant enough!

downsyndrome

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 11:14 am
Chen, can we petition SAS and demand that they make better-looking shoes, equally comfortable, yet nicer, more youthful looking?

chen

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 11:20 am
downsyndrome wrote:
Chen, can we petition SAS and demand that they make better-looking shoes, equally comfortable, yet nicer, more youthful looking?

yes, let's! for the money they charge they could surely make them better-looking.

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 11:21 am
Naot is also supposed to be very comfortable. They make a little bit of a nicer line then sneaker looking shoes. My mil who wears orthotics and usually wears sneakers - has a few pairs of nice looking shoes made by Naot for the times when sneakers are just not right. Look on the web to see wear they sell Naot near you.

elkayed

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 11:34 am
I like Sketchers

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 11:50 am
I wear plain black cloth Chuckie's but they are casual lookig.

My black reebox are hot (Leather)

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 3:48 pm
I wear new balance, I love them, I pay 40 dollars for a pair..
I can only wear sneakers bec. I have arches.

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 4:10 pm
Honestly it depends on your foot...

I cannot wear alot of brands because my feet are extremely narrow.

I love easy spirit

rosehill

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 5:29 pm
Go to www.zappos.com. They have millions of shoes-you'll find something you like. I just ordered 2 pairs of sandals today.
Their prices are not the best, but they do give free shipping and free return shipping. Their customer service is incredible.

Tefila

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 5:43 pm
Quote:
real comfortable sneakers out there that look half decent too.

Sorry but imho they all make one look blech Confused
However the canvas slip on syles r comfortable too and can look more feminine. I don't even put sneakers on my daughters no matter what cute pic is on them.
I like mary janes off topic I know Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics