Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Organization to help out a child in need of therepy

supermom

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 1:51 am
I am looking for an organization that could help a child go to therepy for five times a week. Insurance doesn't pay it and he really needs this therepy in order for him to walk. He is a year and a half. Or maybe someone knows of someone that wants to sponser a child that lives anywhere in the world?

Someone from Egland paid for her sons therepy in Chilli which was a unbelievable chesed. It was two plane adult tickets and two infant tickets, taxis, a place to stay for a month and a half, and the therepy itself. Which costed over 12,000 dollars.

Her baby just started being able to hold himself while being held with his muscles that were really weak. Inorder for him to continue this process he needs therepy here in israel that is very expensive for her.

If anyone knows of anything please respond.

elisecohen

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 3:46 am
Well first is there a local bikkur cholim? Many of them have quiet funds to cover this sort of thing. They don't advertise it to avoid abuse but it's there to be used. Second, I would contact Chai Lifeline. Third, I would look at whatever organizations there are specific to the child's condition; many of them have a lot of contacts and grant information.
Good luck.

supermom

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 3:54 am
Thanks didn't think of that one.

downsyndrome

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 4:53 am
Doesn't Israel offer early intervention programs, much like in the US, to provide the services that this child needs? I can't imagine the funding for five sessions a week coming out of anybody's private pocket! This runs into exorbitant sums! shock

supermom

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 5:09 am
You see that is the problem she doesn't know where to turn to. So I am trying to help her out. I tried bikur cholim website once they open I will retry to contact them. Her son is only a year and a half so she is really new on this.

shalhevet

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 5:13 am
Can't she get the therapy through kupat cholim? She needs to get a referal from her child's doctor to Machon L'hitpachut Hayeled (every kupat cholim has one)

supermom

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 5:16 am
This certain therepy that she is going to doesn't take insurance it is private. But I can ask her.

supermom

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 10:47 am
Thanks elise I called up the bikur cholim and they gave me some organizations here in israel that could help her. Tommorrow morning first thing I will be calling them. thanks again.

Very Happy Tisku Lemitzvot. Very Happy

supermom

Post Fri, Jun 16 2006, 3:20 am
They were all dead ends besides one but they can't help. Anyone know of any organization in Israel that could help a child with a SPINAL BIFIDA (I think that is how you spell it) problem?

BrachaC

Post Fri, Jun 16 2006, 4:36 am
Try the medical referral office at Yad Eliezer (in Yerushalayim).

shalhevet

Post Fri, Jun 16 2006, 6:05 am
Maybe Ezer L'ziyon?

BrachaC

Post Fri, Jun 16 2006, 6:46 am
Sorry, it could be Ezer Litziyon. I just know that Rabbi Quinn is the executive director and does medical referrals.

supermom

Post Sat, Jun 17 2006, 12:45 pm
I have been calling ezer metzion and no one picks up the phone.

Yad eliezer I thought just distributes food? Confused They also work with medical?

supermom

Post Sat, Jun 17 2006, 12:46 pm
Do you have phone numbers maybe the number I have is wrong? I got is from bikur cholim in america. And how about yad eliezer do you know of a phone number?

shalhevet

Post Sat, Jun 17 2006, 3:58 pm
Rav Chananya Cholack -founder of Ezer Mitzion 03-5745113
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics