Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Bosch mixer - whats the steel bowl good for? whats the cost?
Previous  1  2

realeez

Post Wed, Nov 03 2010, 11:50 am
Basimcha wrote:
Usually the Jewish stores have it on discounted prices closer to Chanaka. So if you can wait another few weeks--it might save you some $$.

The thing is that I live in Canada and dh's friend is going soon to the US and will gladly bring it back for us (we can ship it to his family). If I wait, it could be months until I'd get it... Here it is $620 for the Bosch plus extra bowl plus 13% tax.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 03 2010, 11:53 am
realeez wrote:
Basimcha wrote:
Usually the Jewish stores have it on discounted prices closer to Chanaka. So if you can wait another few weeks--it might save you some $$.

The thing is that I live in Canada and dh's friend is going soon to the US and will gladly bring it back for us (we can ship it to his family). If I wait, it could be months until I'd get it... Here it is $620 for the Bosch plus extra bowl plus 13% tax.
Call the Buzz in Flatbush and see how much they are selling the Bosch for, and if it still comes with the bonus stainless steel bowl for that all inclusive price. It might be worth your while to order it from them and have them ship it to your friend's house.
1-866-666-BUZZ (2899)

realeez

Post Wed, Nov 03 2010, 12:54 pm
So far:
Duddy's and the Buzz both $489 with no extra tax because it's out of state and around $15 for shipping depending on the size. Which store do u recommend?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 03 2010, 1:02 pm
realeez wrote:
So far:
Duddy's and the Buzz both $489 with no extra tax because it's out of state and around $15 for shipping depending on the size. Which store do u recommend?
They're both great. I like Duddy's for their customer service though in case there is ever a problem with the machine. Are they both offering the extra bowl for free?

realeez

Post Wed, Nov 03 2010, 1:04 pm
ra_mom wrote:
realeez wrote:
So far:
They're both great. I like Duddy's for their customer service though in case there is ever a problem with the machine. Are they both offering the extra bowl for free?

Yes, the $489 includes the plastic and S/S bowl.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 03 2010, 1:14 pm
realeez wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
realeez wrote:
So far:

Yes, the $489 includes the plastic and S/S bowl.
Great! If they are both charging the same, order from Duddy's.
Good luck!

hcw

Post Sun, Nov 27 2011, 10:14 pm
My plastic bowl broke when I used it for dough. I only use the metal one for dough now.

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 10:23 am
old thread ... I would have started a new one for this question but was reading this so will just continue.

My metal bowl broke --- the attachment piece on the bottom broke so I have been making my challah dough in the white bowl since I am able to use the dough hook attachment. Question is ... how bad is that??? I've been doing it for a few months and it seems fine.

Also - I have the blender attachment and was wondering where I can buy just a cover for the blender. It must have gotten thrown out over the years ...never used the blender but would like to and there is no cover at all.

L K

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 4:24 pm
bump

also interested in the answer to the lkwdlady's q

workaholicmama

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 4:45 pm
Instead of a cover for the blender I use a disposable 6" plate, but you have to hold it in place...

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 4:45 pm
The plastic bowl and attachment are not heavy enough for a 5 lb dough of challah. There's a possibility of burning out the motor without it.

L K

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 9:55 pm
Is plastic bowl good enough for 3 lbs of flour?

sky

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 9:22 am
lkwdlady wrote:
old thread ... I would have started a new one for this question but was reading this so will just continue.

My metal bowl broke --- the attachment piece on the bottom broke so I have been making my challah dough in the white bowl since I am able to use the dough hook attachment. Question is ... how bad is that??? I've been doing it for a few months and it seems fine.

Also - I have the blender attachment and was wondering where I can buy just a cover for the blender. It must have gotten thrown out over the years ...never used the blender but would like to and there is no cover at all.

can you replace the piece. Take it center of town and ask, they have a lot of replacment parts. the lady on 2nd street knows a lot about it.

questioner

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 10:29 am
you can also try ereplacementparts.com. I don't know if they have Bosch parts, but I've gotten pieces for other appliances.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars