Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
What are Boro Park rents in 20 yr old 24' wide house

Mevater

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 9:57 pm
In the heart of BP, what should rent be for apartments, with three nice sized bedrooms and two bathrooms, in a 20 yr old, 24' wide private house, landlord prefers no section 8 -

for

1- Walk-up _________

2- Top floor _________

What's the going rate?

Last edited by Mevater on Thu, Apr 08 2010, 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pickle Lady

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 10:14 pm
you mean 24'

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 10:17 pm
How deep is the house?
What condition are the apartments in? Are the kitchens 20 years old as well?

Mevater

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 10:21 pm
ra_mom wrote:
How deep is the house?
over 60' long, same (average) kitchens.

shnipsel

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 10:31 pm
3 bedrooms run between 1600 and 2200 depending on condition, size, baths, location, and if heat is included

the size and location sound nice so I would already think 1800 but I do not know the condition how many Baths or if heat is included. I guess figure it out accordingly

shnipsel

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 10:33 pm
I didnt realize you wrote 2 baths I would say anywhere between 18 - 2

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 10:42 pm
Mevater wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
How deep is the house?
over 60' long, same (average) kitchens.

I would say upwards of $2,200.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 10:43 pm
allthebest wrote:

Sweetie, if you had a 3 bedroom apt + 2 baths in the middle of BP for $1,800... it would be snapped up in a second. No one is offering such prices these days.

shnipsel

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 11:03 pm
ra_mom wrote:
allthebest wrote:

Sweetie, if you had a 3 bedroom apt + 2 baths in the middle of BP for $1,800... it would be snapped up in a second. No one is offering such prices these days.

rebbetzin I happen to be working for a broker and noone will pay more than 2000 for a 3 bedroom. this is the going price these days. but you know what she can ask whatever she wants. she may as well start as high as she wants & see how it goes and go down accordingly. many ppl do that. but then she can lose a few months rent if she doesnt find anyone for the high price.

Grandmama

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 11:06 pm
Top floor definitely $2200. Lower floor much less as it is smaller and gets less sunshine. Maybe $2100 if it is in cash for a desirable tenant.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 11:15 pm
allthebest wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
allthebest wrote:

rebbetzin I happen to be working for a broker and noone will pay more than 2000 for a 3 bedroom. this is the going price these days. but you know what she can ask whatever she wants. she may as well start as high as she wants & see how it goes and go down accordingly. many ppl do that. but then she can lose a few months rent if she doesnt find anyone for the high price.

I have a SIL who is also looking for a 3-bdrm and cannot pay more than $2,100. Guess what? She is still looking, more than a year later.

yiddishe vayb

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 11:23 pm
I found 1 and 2 bedroom apartments for 1500 with old kitchens moldy floors no closets etc. way over 20 years old!

I agree with the upwards of $2000.
it's not impossible to find for 2000 but you can easily spend $2500.

I of course only know from the phone calls I made. I'm sure when you look hard
enough there are exceptions to the rule.

lovemywig

Post Fri, Apr 09 2010, 1:27 am
I was looking last year for a 2-3 bdrm apt. 2 bdrm is 1400-1800 and a 3 is 1800-2500 easy and no one includes heat theas days.

Mevater

Post Fri, Apr 09 2010, 1:47 am
Does a preference for no section 8 have an impact on the rent? Do you have to take less if you dont want section 8 tenants, because there are less people who can pay the rent without section 8?

What are the pros and cons of section 8 renters and non-section 8 renters?

I'm asking this for an elderly relative.

Thanks.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 09 2010, 3:41 pm
Mevater wrote:
Does a preference for no section 8 have an impact on the rent? Do you have to take less if you dont want section 8 tenants, because there are less people who can pay the rent without section 8?

Not necessarily. It just might take longer to find a tenant.
But if you want a tenant quickly, lowering the price would be the way to go.

Mevater

Post Fri, Apr 09 2010, 3:56 pm
Thanks.

Any drawbacks to renting to Section 8 tenants (that only someone who has rented to a Section 8 tenant would be aware of)?

nylon

Post Fri, Apr 09 2010, 4:12 pm
Be careful. They passed a nondiscrimination law in NYC. If you have 6 or more units, you can't advertise for no section 8.

Butterfly

Post Fri, Apr 09 2010, 4:16 pm
An acquaintance of mine just moved into the same type (old) new house of full 20 ft wide, semi detached.
She got the middle floor, which was custom built for the landlord. A stunning fancy custom built expensive kitchen, top quality dishwasher, stove and huge double sided fridge. Ceramic floors. Two custom built expensive tile bathrooms.( tiles all around, including ceiling) One with Jacuzzi. Better quality parquet floors throughout the rest of the apartment. Custom built walk in closet in MB. Two porches (front and back) with raised gates. Huge storage in basement.

She only had to paint and buy window coverings. The floors looked like freshly polished, after they removed the carpets..
Rent $1800. dollars. I think they got themselves a tremendous bargain..

My daughter moved three years ago. Pays $2,000. Has section 8. Top neighborhood - Top floor - 25 ft. (old) new house, semi detached.
She redid the bathrooms, bought a new standard kitchen, and plus.. it was in very poor condition. She got a 5 year lease, but was assured by the landlord that she won't raise her rent even after that.. She never raised the rents from the previous tenants as long as they lived in their apts.

CHANY115

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 10:08 pm
my sis has a 3 bedroom apart for rent in bp 2 bathrooms new kitchen and apartment in new condition 1 flight up will take section 8 great price pm me for details. 9th ave 51 st area no porch

Mevater

Post Sun, May 23 2010, 1:03 pm
Did opinions/research on rents change from the 1800-2000 figure mentioned above?

Has it risen, fallen, or pretty much stayed the same for a 3 bedroom apt as described above?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries