Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What food do u sent to the babysitter

Imhappy!

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 11:18 am
my daughter is 11 months and eats almost all solids. I make her a mush of applesauce and oatmeal cereal for lunch. s/t I bag a banana, cheerios... its getting boring... (and hte babysitter keeps on telling me to bring different kind foods) any ideas?

nicole81

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 11:30 am
does your babysitter have a kosher microwave? what about fish sticks and chicken nuggets?

sliced cheese, crackers, yogurt, cottage cheese, avocado, fresh fruit...

although I have to say that even at 14 months, my dd is still content to eat a yogurt every day for lunch. we mix things up a lot more with dinner.

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 2:58 pm
can she have eggs? I make scrambled eggs for my kids and put them in a little container.
what do you giver her at home for lunch/dinner?

Chani

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 3:58 pm
Sandwiches (no crusts, cut into eighths), fruit, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, cereal, granola, matzah and sometimes leftovers from the prior night's dinner! (oh, and pretzels - they love pretzels).

Our babysitter is Sephardi and she also often ends up giving them whatever she and her husband are having - usually rice. They adore her rice, and when I'm lucky she gives me a plate to take to work for lunch too!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 3:58 pm
life'sgreat! wrote:
my daughter is 11 months and eats almost all solids. I make her a mush of applesauce and oatmeal cereal for lunch. s/t I bag a banana, cheerios... its getting boring... (and hte babysitter keeps on telling me to bring different kind foods) any ideas?

My 11 month old son doesn't like all too many different foods, so he gets basically the same thing every day.
I pack yogurt -- I have a couple different flavors
Banana
Sweet Potato
A snack bag of crackers and chex or cheerios
She has some cherry applesauce there if he isn't in the mood for one of his meals
And of course my pumped milk.

(I bought 4 oz. jars from a plastic company online and reuse them and they are so handy!)
Does your daughter only eat mashed food, or also tiny pieces? If the latter, you can make a sandwich with cream cheese or avocado and have your sitter tear it into tiny pieces.
I eat only a few different foods for lunch, and kids don't mind having the same thing day after day!
Also, if you don't mind sending fleishig, you can puree stew or send meatballs.
You can also send noodles. Mac and cheese has calcium and protein. Or noodles with cottage cheese...

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 4:36 pm
what about oatmeal. cut up bananas.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 10:04 am
SaraG wrote:
what about oatmeal. cut up bananas.

That's what she does give her baby Smile She's looking for other ideas. Tongue Out

Imhappy!

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 10:13 am
thanks everyone!
she doesn't eat bread well at all (should of mentioned that first).
whole wheat bread she'll eat soemtimes... avicado is a good idea. healthy fat there... she only has one tooth .... so no cucumbers...
dinner she eats whatever I make for the family, veg. soup, chicken,rice, veggies you name it.

thanks for your ideas! I'm getting bored of mixing oatmeal and applesauce every morning...

when do you start giving eggs and milk?

nicole81

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 10:24 am
try her on egg yolks first (like give her smashed hard boiled yolks, or french toast made with yolk.) then once she's ok with that, try her with egg whites.

my dd has been eating yolks since 7 months, and whites since 9 months, but she is allergic to plain egg whites. she can only eat them when they're cooked into something. they're highly allergenic, so just test her at home over the weekend with the eggs before you send them.

about milk, I gave dd things cooked with milk from about 7 or 8 months, but no plain whole milk until a year.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 10:41 am
oh, sorry. I only saw "cereal".

Imhappy!

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 11:55 am
good thing I asked... dd is going on an applesauce strike Exclamation don't blame her... over exposure shock I prepared her a 1/2 vanilla yogurt I mixed in some mixed cereal hope she'll like it... I gave her tomatoes in the morning small pieces she loved it... is it too early for tomatoes ( shes 11 months?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 12:33 pm
[quote="life'sgreat!"]good thing I asked... dd is going on an applesauce strike Exclamation don't blame her... over exposure shock I prepared her a 1/2 vanilla yogurt I mixed in some mixed cereal hope she'll like it... I gave her tomatoes in the morning small pieces she loved it... is it too early for tomatoes ( shes 11 months?[/quote]
My son was on a sweet potato strike for a while!
I think the yogurt will go over well.
Tomatoes are more problematic uncooked, but she's almost one, and if allergies don't run in your family, and you don't see a negative reaction, they should be ok.
Also, I don't keep CY, and I bought the whole wheat crackers with cheese in the middle as little sandwiches for my son. He also LOVES Chex (corn chex) and eats it the whole day long!

nicole81

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 12:54 pm
tomatoes are fine. if she gets a little red rash around the mouth, don't worry, it's not an allergy. it's just from the acidity.

Last edited by nicole81 on Fri, Jun 23 2006, 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 1:14 am
My babysitter gives the kids wheetabix. She prepares a few plates, one for each of the babies she's got there. She pours in some rice dream or soymilk. They all love it.
She did ask me to not go out and get it for my house, so that it remains a treat for the kids.... She said she won't be upset if I do, though.....
My sitter also feeds the babies potato kugel on Thursdays, cuz that's when she bakes it for her family. She gives them bamba snack, apple slices, w.w. bread with peanut butter, or if she's cooking a soup or what she shares it with the babies. Of course, she keeps age in mind when deciding who gets to have what....

Imhappy!

Post Mon, Jun 26 2006, 11:22 am
amother wrote:
My babysitter gives the kids wheetabix. She prepares a few plates, one for each of the babies she's got there. She pours in some rice dream or soymilk. They all love it.
She did ask me to not go out and get it for my house, so that it remains a treat for the kids.... She said she won't be upset if I do, though.....
My sitter also feeds the babies potato kugel on Thursdays, cuz that's when she bakes it for her family. She gives them bamba snack, apple slices, w.w. bread with peanut butter, or if she's cooking a soup or what she shares it with the babies. Of course, she keeps age in mind when deciding who gets to have what....

sounds like you have a very warm caring sitter... lcuky u.
just wondering why the OP?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics