Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Blintzes

ESB

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 1:55 pm
Anyone have a recipe handy?

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 2:04 pm
I make the following, easy cheese blintz casserole... this way you don't need to fuss with making crepes.

Batter:
2/3 cup oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 cup milk
2 cups flour

Blend all ingredients in a blender

Filling:
1 1/4 lb. cottage cheese
4 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 - 2/3 cup sugar
1 egg

Mix together.

Assembly:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour half the batter into a 9x13 pan. Then all the filling. then rest of the batter.

Bake for about 45 minutes until golden brown on top.

Serve hot or cold.

Several options:
Drizzle chocolate syrup over the cheese then top with rest of batter.
Sprinkle top with cinnamon and sugar.
After it bakes, pour a can of blueberry, strawberry or cherry pie filling on top and then serve.

sofaraway

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 3:26 pm
hum! looks so so yummy!!!!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 6:06 pm
If you're still looking for a blintz recipe...

Classic Cheese Blintzes - S & S
Batter
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla sugar
pinch of salt
1 Tbsp oil

Cheese Filling
1/2 lb. farmer cheese
4 oz. cream cheese
4 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
juice of 1/2 lemon (1 - 1-1/2 Tbsp)
1 egg yolk

Cottage Cheese Filling
1 lb. cottage cheese, strained
2 egg yolks
2 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla sugar

Batter: In a large mixer bowl combine eggs, milk, water, and bled well. Gradually add flour, then both sugars, salt and oil. Beat well until there are no lumps in the batter.

Filling: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and beat well. Or combine ingredients in a blender container and blend until smooth.

Using a paper towel or basting brush, apply a thin coat of oil to a 7" skillet. Place skillet over medium heat until skillet is hot but not smoking.
Ladle approximately 1/3 cup of batter into the skillet. Tilt pan and swirl the batter so it covers the bottom of the skillet.
Fry one side ountil small bubbles form, and top is set. Bottom should be golden brown. When done, carefully loosen edges of blintz and slip out of skillet onto a plate.
Repeat the above procedure until all the batter is used. Grease the skillet as needed.
Turn each blintz so that golden brown side is up. Place 3 Tbsp of filling on each edge in a 2-1/2" long by 1" wide mound.
Roll once to cover filling. Fold the sides into the center and continue rolling until completely closed.
Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in the skillet and place each blintz seam side down in the skillet and fry 2 minutes on each side, turning once.

schoenbc

Post Sun, Apr 20 2014, 2:55 pm
Has anyone every made blintz/crepe leaves in bulk, that is made the batter for 12+ blintzes and then pour the batter in a pan and bake them in the oven?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 20 2014, 4:05 pm
I have made blintz loaf, without any blintz leaves.
Butter, cottage cheese, vanilla, flour (starch?), sugar and eggs. Pour into loaf pan. Bake. Serve pretty slices topped with berries.

schoenbc

Post Sun, Apr 20 2014, 4:55 pm
Thanks, looks like a good recipe, but I wanted a way to make just the leaves and cut them into squares from a large pan and then fill them. But I appreciate your reply!

It'sMe

Post Sun, Jun 01 2014, 11:00 am
Anyone has a recipe where the filling is smooth? More like the Israeli kinda cheese, not with s/t heavy like cottage cheese?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals