Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What do you do with the teeth??

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 5:54 pm
Today my son had a big milestone that proves (in his words) "this means I'm getting to be a big boy". he lost his first tooth.

So what does 'the tooth fairy' do with all the teeth she collects? I think 'she' would feel bad about throwing away something that has been a part of my son for 5 years.

Please help.

On a side note, he was having a 'race' with his 9 1/2 month old sister to see if he lost his first tooth first or is she got her first one before him. he won, but she is having quite a loud time teething. oye!!!

yo'ma

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 6:12 pm
Each of my children have a box with their things that I keep and one day will give to them. In the box, is their first tooth in a bag labeled when it fell out. Since then, they sometimes put in the other ones, but I tell them they can throw it out or as one of my children did, accidentally swallowed it because it fell out while he was sleeping.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 6:19 pm
I would consider saving the 1st one maybe...after that...

I don't know. Is there kovod to show a lost tooth? Is there a proper way to dispose of it re: tumah (like nails)?

Bella:D

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 6:54 pm
I don't know what I will do with my children's teeth in the future, I don't have any children yet but I did keep all four of my wisdom teeth and I even took them with me when I got married and moved out of my parents house and I still have them now.

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 7:06 pm
We're not up to that stage yet.
But I can't imagine that's something I'd want to keep.
I certainly never was interested in keeping any of my baby teeth when they fell out.

So unless my sons insist on holding on to their baby teeth, I'll throw them right down the garbage chute!

curlyhead

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 7:07 pm
My son's tooth fell out this week. We are making an experiment. We put it in coke I was told it should disappear. But it just rotted. I am trying to show my kids how bad coke is.

louche

Post Fri, Apr 16 2010, 10:12 am
IO file them in the selfsame place that I filed their old thumbsucking-corrective appliances, the casts and splints from when various family members broke bones, and similar repositories of DNA: that round file container that sits on the bathroom floor and gets emptied weekly.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Apr 16 2010, 10:44 am
My parents still have mine!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics