Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Proof of address for driver's license

yo'ma

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 10:23 am
I checked online to see what kind of proof of address you need for a driver's license in NY, but I couldn't figure it out. I originally thought you need a utility bill and then it occured to me that not everyone who has a license even pays for any utilities. Do you know if just proof of address, like anything just mailed to you is good enough? We originally had things mailed to a po box and that's probably not good, but now we're going to have things mailed somewhere else. TIA!!

Barbara

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 10:30 am
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/f.....l.pdf

List of what you can use

yo'ma

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 12:07 pm
thanks

bnm

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 6:14 pm
I didn't have to take a proof of address, I took along a passport, a birth certificate and a marriage license cuz the names on the first 2 where different.

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 6:17 pm
I didn't need proof of address either...which I thought was strange. I just needed proof of identity (ie. passport, ss card, etc). I brought bills and they didn't even look at them.

Then, for my car registration, I needed my insurance card with the bar code. *shrug*

manhattanmom

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 6:29 pm
I don't remember what I did when I first applied for a learner's permit but I do know that when I got married and changed my name and address, they only needed to see a marriage license for the name change but didn't care about changing the address....I've also moved since then and just declared a different address--I think I did it online...So yeh, basically, you can claim you live anywhere!

yo'ma

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 6:40 pm
That's so weird that they don't ask for proof of address because each state has its own license.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries