Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Best place in brooklyn to buy meats

Kumphort

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 8:31 pm
I need to do a major meat shopping to load up my freezer, am looking for suggestions on where to get the most for my $$.

yoyosma

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 8:39 pm
The Kollel store? Rubashkin? I dont know...

cindy324

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 8:59 pm
Glatt Mart on Ave. M!!! They have the biggest selection of any kind of chicken meat or even buffalo meat! Their prices are very reasonable, and incredibly fresh ALL the time. (No, They don't pay me to advertise, but I shop there whenever I need a big order, like Yomim Tovim) Only prob is their selection is so varied I never know what to choose Very Happy

shopaholic

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 9:59 am
Rubashkins on 14th & 40-something. They have deals like 3 for 2 & stuff.

cindy324

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 12:21 pm
Quote:
Rubashkins on 14th & 40-something. They have deals like 3 for 2 & stuff.

yes also a good choice, the only thing I don't like over there is the chicken bottoms. They are mammoth sized, they look like they came from turkeys rather than chickens.

nicole81

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 12:22 pm
cindy324 wrote:
yes also a good choice, the only thing I don't like over there is the chicken bottoms. They are mammoth sized, they look like they came from turkeys rather than chickens.

hmm, I should head over there. my husband would LOVE that!

dewyt

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 12:38 pm
I LOVE going to Shoprite- they have smaller portion sizes there from more than one company. I have found that the butchers here in BP have only large packs of meat (too uch for one of my suppers) and I end up having leftover that doesnt get eaten. Shoprite has smaller and larger quatities so it makes it worth it to head down there. (and the prices are very reasonable- when I go, I STOCK UP!!!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 1:05 pm
but when you buy, buy smart. I get thighs for Friday night b/c no one is starving by the chicken course and it’s just too much to eat.
Wings are great for during the week.
Tops are best for soup – you bone the tops and use that for schnitzel, then the bones go in the soup – you’ll have plenty of meat left on the bones for flavor.

happy2beme

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 1:13 pm
Quote:
Tops are best for soup – you bone the tops and use that for schnitzel, then the bones go in the soup – you’ll have plenty of meat left on the bones for flavor.

just putting in the bones with some leftover meat on it is enough to flavor the soup? how many tops do use to make a pot of chicken soup?

I've tried tops & bottoms, but the only thing that gives it such a rich taste by me are the wings since they are the fattiest.

Mommy3.5

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 3:41 pm
use a pkg of chicken bones...gives it great flavor. Sorry sarah, deboning chicken breasts is way too time consuming for me!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen