Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Kal Kugel for Yerushalmi Kugel

rd5081

Post Thu, Apr 22 2010, 11:44 am
Hi There. I've heard of the kal kugel syrup, I got a hold of some from my mil, tried to make a yerushalmi kugel with it once, and it went 1-2-3. So easy to make, no browning sugar and oil. It's 100% Natural and makes life a lot easier. Now my MIL said it can only be bought in a store in Bnei Brak. Im trying my luck to see if anyone knows another place here in NY where it can be found. Please Help.

THANKS!!!!

Tech_mom

Post Thu, Apr 22 2010, 1:35 pm
I haven't found a place that has it. My sister sends it to me once a year from Israel. It lasts for plenty of kugels.

It is a great product!

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 3:52 pm
Yup, my secret ingredient! And it doesn't have to be refrigerated. You can also use it to add colour to chicken or meat. Have you considered contacting the company to see if they distribute in the US?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 4:01 pm
I've seen that; I had no idea what it was. (In CRown Heights.)

Cookiegirl

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 8:30 pm
I found the Kal Kugel syrup in the US but it does not have any instructions as to amounts to use. I know the Israeli bottle does have instructions (in Hebrew). If anyone has a bottle, or knows off-hand, how much to use for 12 oz of noodles, I would appreciate the information.

Thanks much!

skinny

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 5:02 pm
I know this is old but...they sell it in the krm (kollel) in bp,with instructions attached!

lkwdmommy

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 1:48 pm
I just saw this for sale in the Co-op (Lakewood-Jackson). Didn't check to see if it comes with instructions, though. Also, did not check out the price.
Is it any good? Does it have an aftificial taste?

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 4:38 pm
Nothing artificial. It's just caramelised sugar.

As for the recipe, here's what's on my bottle:
400g cooked noodle (210g dry), 3 eggs, 4 spoons Kal Kugel, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 2/3 cup sugar, 2 teasp salt, 3/4 teasp black pepper. (You can cut back on oil and sugar for "diet recipe". I usually use 1/2 cup brown sugar, or for diebetics use 4tbsp date syrup. I also cut back on salt, but use generous sprinklings of freshly ground peppers.)

Cook noodles according to instruction LESS 1-2 minutes. Drain well, mix in oil and kal kugel till noodle is coated well. Once cooled, add beaten eggs and the rest of the ingredients. It's good for 9" square pans. Bake covered for 40min or so in 160C fan/170C regular oven. It freezes beautifully once cooked.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes