Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Where to get good t-shirts to wear under clothes, in NYC?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 7:35 am
I am looking for a cream-colored t-shirt, with a Tznius neckline and either sleeveless or long sleeves, to wear underneath other clothes. It needs to be a very light fabric and not oversized or bulky.

I think this is probably the wrong season to even think of finding such an item in the non-Jewish stores. Any ideas? Are there stores in Boro Park that sells this kind of thing?

Thank you!

amother

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 7:42 am
Or maybe someone knows where I can find it online?

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 7:45 am
I would answer you, but.....why is it requested anonymously?

amother

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 7:47 am
I don't want people to know where I live? I want to be able to ask people IRL this same question without them figuring out my screen name?

Hey now can you answer me please?

Boys"R"Us

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 9:05 am
I'm not sure about NY, but where I live, I got some great ones at The Gap. They come in white and black, and sometimes additional color's. They are part of their lingerie line (ie: undershirts). I got short sleeve, but I'm pretty sure I saw long sleeve too. There IS a sleeveless, but the neckline is a bit lower. They are super thin and stretchy, take up zero room, and very comfortable (cotton & spandex). They don't even have a tag - info is printed on instead.
Good luck!
Debbie

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 9:06 am
I don't know where you'd find such an item.

As an aside, so many people are CONSTANTLY asking where they can find tshirts to go under clothing, that I doubt posting this in your real screenname would be a giveaway.

hardwrknmom

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 9:08 am
H&M, Gap, Banana , Old Navy, Century 21, Daffy's, Loehmans ...

anymore?

MinnieMa

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 9:18 am
there's a place in boro park I think on 13th ave and in flatbush on coney betwen I&J- it's called "something for you too" I once got there tznius sleevless underneaths and they also had the ones with sleeves--- pretty good priced. Try the one in boro park -- I think it's like 13th ave and 40 something street.

shopaholic

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 9:41 am
Elzee in BP or Flatbush. I bought sleeveless ones for $10 - lycra so they are snug & not bulky. Old Navy I think. But not long sleeved there untill the end of the summer.

ChavieK

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 9:47 am
gap has them on sale now $6.99

chen

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 9:51 am
In winter, LL Bean carries silk T-shirts in long and short sleeves. At present they have L/S silk turtlenecks , S/S cotton t-shirts and sleeveless cotton shells. the sleeveless silk camisoles are unfortunately scoop-neck.

I would suggest a men's white cotton crew-neck T-shirt if I didn't think I'd be lambasted immediately. (I follow the Rashi interpretation that the prohibition of beged ish applies to transvestism.)

happymom

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 9:54 am
old navy has tank tops that are very light that have a tznius neck

gali

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 10:47 am
I found this on the gap web site. It looks cream colored and is long sleeved. It's pretty cheap too, on sale for $10
http://www.gap.com/browse/prod.....40943

happy

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 11:13 am
Value depot on Avenue J/E.12 has great lycra sleevless tees and long sleeve ones too. They are very cheap and excellent. You will pay much much more elsewhere for the same stuff. Only problem is I don't think they have them now- maybe in september.( You can try you may be able to find the sleeveless ones now). When I see them there I buy a lot and stock up!!!!

redhot

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 11:59 am
Im not sure how much you want to spend, but Linda Leal makes amazing fitted long sleeve shirts. I wear them under short sleeve tops. They sell this brand in Rodeo Drive (on kingshighway and East 8th??) and in Brendas in Boro Park (18th avenue )

Its a little pricey though.

tulips

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 1:01 pm
You can get 100% cotton sleeveless ones with tznius neckline, in a variety of colors, at Telco. They're like $4 a piece!

amother

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 1:50 pm
Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I'm looking into them one by one.

Hardwrknmom, I've already looked in all the usual places. I think this is one season that they just do not carry them.

Gali that Gap one looks like exactly the right thing. But - they're out in my size! Mad (Also not sure if it will be too yellowish.)

Happymom are you talking about this?

http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/.....27803

Can it be worn backwards?

Tulips, what kind of place is Telco?

Sthillmom, can you tell me about how much is pricey? I am desparate? I have a feeling I will have to get that even if it is expensive.

Oh how I regret not buying that t-shirt I saw in Banana Republic this winter....

To reiterate:
Cream
Pref. long sleeves (or sleeveless as second choice)
Delicate, fitted, NOT BULKY - since I am a small person this means it has to be a tight style, so no men's shirts Crying Thanks anyway Chen

Still looking into everyone's suggestions, thank you, keep them coming please!

amother

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 1:58 pm
Sthillmom, are you talking about these?

https://ssl.catalog.com/~bemod.....d=195

How do you think they would fit on a very small person? (I.e are they really fitted?) Also the collar seems to be really high - is it much higher than most crewnecks?

chen

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 2:09 pm
amother wrote:

since I am a small person this means it has to be a tight style, so no men's shirts Crying Thanks anyway Chen

then go for boys' sizes. a Hanes boys' large will fit a really tiny woman (I mean if you are literally the size of a 12-year-old); a boys' X-L may be better. the packages say what chest size goes with what T- shirt size.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 26 2006, 10:01 am
The neckline on the mens tees are usually not high enough.

It is hard to find one with a 'kosher' neckline.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics