Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How do you keep containers and pots/pans organized?

SV

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 9:47 am
We use a lot of containers and I usually just stack them but they always end up a mess (especially the tops) and take up a lot of space. I also have a hard time organizing the covers from my pots/pans. Do you have any good tricks to keep these items organized or is it just a matter of stacking them well and having an extra cabinet?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 10:08 am
I nest the pots since I don't always use them with a cover. But I DO store the containers with the covers since that can be a real hardship.

fiddle

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 10:09 am
on organize.com they have many different solutions for pot covers/pots and same for containers. maybe worth investing in one

http://www.organize.com/kitche......html

SV

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 11:22 am
fiddle wrote:
on organize.com they have many different solutions for pot covers/pots and same for containers. maybe worth investing in one

http://www.organize.com/kitche......html

That looks like a fun website. A bit expensive though, no? I couldn't find the section for pots/pans/continers. Could you post a specific link, please?

fiddle

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 11:31 am
the link I posted directed you to the actual page. it is expensive, hence I wrote investment. also storage.com and you can always type the item into "thefind.com" and they pull up stores that carry the same item and some may be cheaper or more coupons available.

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 12:56 pm
I put all the lids to the storage containers in ziplock bags. I keep the bag open and it keeps the lids together nicely so I can just grab one I need and not mess with the rest all falling out. I stand them up vertical and it doesn't take up much space at all.

ray family

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 1:16 pm
for container covers I take a large container and stand all the lids up in it. then I can remove it out of the cabinet and choose what I need.

as for lids- still haven't figured it out.
for now my pots nest inside of each other and the lids are on the side.
in my old apt where I had a million times more cabinet space I stored them w/ the lids on.

wwmom

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 2:04 pm
I have a tip for container covers only, I've been using this the past few years and it works great. Get a good strong shoebox, and store the lids in them (standing up) once in a while I sort in size order, and then I'm good again for the next few months. I keep it on the side of my cabinet, near my stacks of containers. And it's free.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 2:11 pm
I have a pot cabinet and keep all pots covered nicely. The containers are all stacked up by sizes.

geemum

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 3:41 pm
container lids kept upright in a box or large container

saucepans either stacked with lids on top (I only have 3)

or put largest one at the bottom with its lid upside down, then the next size up with its lid upside down etc etc

edited to add:

put all the saucepan lids in the largest one with its own lid on top, then stack the actual saucepans. keeps the lids neat in one place
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics