Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Strep symptom?

amother

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 1:19 am
Can being extremely whiny be a symptom of strep? My kids were both exposed to strep 6 days ago and my 13 month old is very whiny today. He could be tired, maybe teething, and is at the end of a cold. But can the whiny-ness be a sign of strep too? I have a dr. appt for tomorrow but should I go today?

fiddle

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 1:24 am
my kid was acting extremely whiny and irritable and not himself, and my daughter 2 days before was diagnosed with strep and I didnt think of it. took him to the doc and he had strep. doc didnt medicate him (hes under two) said I should give him motrin around the clock. his fever went down within two days and his throats clear.... but doc said one of the biggest signs of strep in kids is whinyness (also ear infections) I would take him today.

chaylizi

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 7:05 am
whining could be one. also what I call 'hot potato' voice (they sound like they just swallowed something too hot when they talk), trouble swallowing, also stomach upset- diarrhea, vomiting, pain...

I do associate plain kvetchiness more with ear infections though. (Not a medical thing- just what I've noticed with my own kids.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics