Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help! My husband bought Stage 3 Materna for my 7-month old!

Justlookup

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 7:05 am
My husband bought a bunch of stage 3 maternas but my baby's only 7 months old (stage 2 is 6-12 months, 3 is one year and up)and the stores around here are still closed...I also have a 'tzimchi' - soy materna stage 2 at home. I started putting one spoon of stage 3, then realized.
Is it ok to mix tzimchi and regular or better to give stage 3?

Mrs.K

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 7:14 am
I will tell you my experience, though I think it would make some mothers cringe.

I was at a makolet running a big sale on Stage 2 Materna and I needed stage one. The makolet owner thought it was hysterical that I asked for stage one and said, "Oh please, it's the same thing." He even called up Materna himself to ask them for his own children and they said the same thing.

Recently I was at a different Makolet and had the same situation. The guy behind the counter laughed at me, took out a big black magic marker, scribbled out the 2, wrote 1, and said there, now you have Stage 1.

So to answer your question, it appears to be OK, however I also thing it takes a certain personality to be ok with it.

cinnamon

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 7:24 am
my dr. said they are all the same.

edited to say: all the stages not tzimchi and regular which are NOT the same.

Isramom8

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 7:30 am
Don't mix them. The components of the tzimchi may be digested at a different rate.

I'd probably use it and then buy the correct one as soon as was convenient, and try to give away the unused portion of the incorrect one. Although they probably are really all the same.

Should I not mention how mother's milk is tailored exactly to the developmental level of the child? Wink

Tamiri

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 8:59 am
Isramom8 wrote:

Should I not mention how mother's milk is tailored exactly to the developmental level of the child? Wink
Does it come in a can?

Justlookup

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 9:28 am
[quote="Isramom8"]Don't mix them. The components of the tzimchi may be digested at a different rate.

I'd probably use it and then buy the correct one as soon as was convenient, and try to give away the unused portion of the incorrect one. Although they probably are really all the same.

Should I not mention how mother's milk is tailored exactly to the developmental level of the child? Wink[/quote]

Firstly, thank you everyone for your advice. I wasnt sure what to do so I waited and waited and entertained my baby until the store opened (finally!) and switched it for #2.
Secondly, Isramom8, believe me, I wish I could nurse. I'm giving formula for reasons I have to, not want to, but thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics