Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
What do you eat for lunch?
1  2  Next

lollypop8

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 3:53 am
I'm sick of my usual noodles, tuna, eggs and grilled cheese sandwiches. Anyone have any novel and easy lunch ideas?

Shopmiami49

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 4:29 am
how about a filling soup? a lot of times, I make a huge pot of lentil, pea, mushroom barley, potato, etc soup and it lasts for a few days worth of lunch. I also make sushi sometimes or a really big salad with lots of veggies and chickpeas,cheese, tuna, or mini falafel balls for protein...oh yea, how about falafel? I also havea recipe for pizza in a frying pan if you want it

lollypop8

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 5:00 am
The pizza sounds good. How do you do it?

qtpie

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 11:24 am
Fallafel is fun...

A good "on the go" lunch that costs a ton at a the milchig restaraunts that have packaged salads:

piece of salmon (bake it for about 20 minutes, coated in garlic powder, paprika, pepper, salt, onion powder) with salad and creamy italian. Creamy italian tastes great wtih the salad and the salmon.

This is not the cheapest, but healthy and tastes great.

exhausted

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 1:03 pm
Leftovers, a large salad with tuna and/or beans and sometimes.....NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

yo'ma

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 1:06 pm
ice-cream LOL

mother2b

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 1:06 pm
pizza
sandwich
cookies/cake and milk
cereal and milk
any style egg
toast with something spread over it
tuna
avocado
salads
baby carrots

freidasima

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 1:07 pm
You people eat LUNCH?
How about a yoghurt at your desk? Or a soy pudding for those like me who don't eat dairy.
There's always a soy schnitzl in a pita for those who really eat.
But since when do women eat lunch? I thought we have a cup of coffee and an apple for breakfast, a sneeze for lunch and a piece of grilled chicken with a sweet potato or some steamed broccoli for dinner and that's that. Otherwise how can you stay a size 0?

yaelinIN

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 1:07 pm
I made bean-veggie burgers for lunch with tater tots (TT for the kids) and mixed veggies. I also like to make refried beans in the crockpot overnight and make rice in the rice cooker with tortillas or chips and the fixings (like avocado, salsa, cheese, sour cream). I also make soup once a week for lunch during the colder months and everyone likes it!

Shopmiami49

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 1:44 pm
Pizza in a Frying Pan

1 c. flour
1/2 c. water
1 1/2 Tbsp gvina levana (cream cheese)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder

mix together to form smooth dough. add a little more flour if you need to. u can either make the pizza pancake style, like fluffy from the griddle or actually fried. I like it better fried

heat a little oil in a frying pan over med heat. divide the dough in 2 and shape into 1" thick disks to fit the pan. place in pan and lower the heat the lowest it will go. prepare sauce and any toppings you want. when dough is golden brown on the under-side, carefully flip it over. immediately, spread your sauce toppings and cheese on the already fried side. sprinkle garlic powder, salt and oregano. cover the pan with a lid and check frequently to make sure it doesnt burn. pizza is ready when the cheese is hot and bubbly.

YUM!!!!!!!!!!! Tongue Out

mama-star

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 1:47 pm
I often eat whole wheat pita w/humus and stuffed with veggies and veggie soup for lunch

lollypop8

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 2:14 pm
Such good ideas! I get crazy eating the same things day in day out... Just one to add to the list -matza brie is a good lunch if your looking for something fast.

gryp

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 2:16 pm
Shopmiami49 wrote:
Pizza in a Frying Pan

1 c. flour
1/2 c. water
1 1/2 Tbsp gvina levana (cream cheese)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder

mix together to form smooth dough. add a little more flour if you need to. u can either make the pizza pancake style, like fluffy from the griddle or actually fried. I like it better fried

heat a little oil in a frying pan over med heat. divide the dough in 2 and shape into 1" thick disks to fit the pan. place in pan and lower the heat the lowest it will go. prepare sauce and any toppings you want. when dough is golden brown on the under-side, carefully flip it over. immediately, spread your sauce toppings and cheese on the already fried side. sprinkle garlic powder, salt and oregano. cover the pan with a lid and check frequently to make sure it doesnt burn. pizza is ready when the cheese is hot and bubbly.

YUM!!!!!!!!!!! Tongue Out

I'd love to try this, thank you!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 3:51 pm
I tmight depend on what's for breakfast and even what's for dinner. I have a protein shake for breakfast and I'm starving by lunchtime, so I eat 2 whole grain rolls with peanut butter.

On Fridays, when I'm hungrier and busier, I have 2 slices of the whole wheat, low fat frozen pizza.

greeneyes

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 4:05 pm
The company Damascus Bakeries makes these really good "roll ups" (kind of like a wrap). I like to make pizza wraps, with marinara sauce & mozzarella cheese. It comes out delicious. I eat that a few times a week with a salad or some roasted veggies.

Today I made french toast & some roasted vegetables

Yesterday, I made an egg white, mushroom, & cheese omlette which came out super yummy, & also had some baked acorn squash.

a veggie burger on a whole wheat roll & a salad is another good lunch

greeneyes

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 4:07 pm
One more idea is a tuna melt. I use those whole wheat roll ups, spread half of it with tuna mixed with mayo, top with shredded cheese, fold it & put it in the sandwich maker.

Raisin

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 4:40 pm
FS of you are dieting very important to eat a healthy lunch.

tuna salad on bagel, bread or pita

avocado and tomato on a bagel

cheese, tomato (and marmite) on bagel

falafel

leftovers from whatever we had for supper the night before

I freeze individual pieces of salmon so I can grill a piece and have that with salad, and maybe some couscous. It is ok to cook fish from frozen, no need to defrost first.

tival veggie schnizle with some salad. I figure there is enough carbs in those so I don't need bread too.

my husbands lunch today: Bagel, mayo, marmite and camembert cheese.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 5:01 pm
Bean burritos
Eggplant and zucchini with tomato sauce, cheese and pasta
Bagel with egg and cheese
Bagel with cream cheese
Veggie burger
Pita pizza
Pasta with spinach and creamy cheese sauce

(oftentimes accompanied by a bowl of soup from Trader Joes)

EMmom

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 10:05 pm
-a filling salad with pretty much anything eggs/egg whites, noodles, feta cheese, croutons, avocado, baby corn...
- minestrone soup is filling as it has veggies beans and pasta

sandwiches:
english muffin toasted with chummus and tomato
mock tuna salad (with chickpeas)
avocado, light mayo sprinkled with garlic salt and topped with lettuce and tomato

mha3484

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 10:15 pm
Taboule
Sesame Noodles with different veggies
quesadillas
eggs
nachos
pizza bagels or pizza on a pita bread

sorry if I repeated something someone else mentioned.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals