Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
What do you eat for lunch?
Previous  1  2

rosey

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:32 am
Shopmiami49 wrote:
Pizza in a Frying Pan

1 c. flour
1/2 c. water
1 1/2 Tbsp gvina levana (cream cheese)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder

mix together to form smooth dough. add a little more flour if you need to. u can either make the pizza pancake style, like fluffy from the griddle or actually fried. I like it better fried

heat a little oil in a frying pan over med heat. divide the dough in 2 and shape into 1" thick disks to fit the pan. place in pan and lower the heat the lowest it will go. prepare sauce and any toppings you want. when dough is golden brown on the under-side, carefully flip it over. immediately, spread your sauce toppings and cheese on the already fried side. sprinkle garlic powder, salt and oregano. cover the pan with a lid and check frequently to make sure it doesnt burn. pizza is ready when the cheese is hot and bubbly.

YUM!!!!!!!!!!! Tongue Out

this looks great...the gvina levana/cream cheese is in the dough, and you add something else on top? or is that the cheese on top?

also someone once showed me how to make pizza from a pita. I think it was half the pita sliced into two disks, but it may have been the whole thing. anyway, you put it in the microwave for a looong time, I forget if it was even up to about 3 minutes. it gets past the yucky chewy bread phase and goes to crisp almost like a cracker, but that's just before burning (like black and smoking), so it has to be watched. I know it sounds strange but it actually worked. then we put sauce and cheese on it for another few seconds until the cheese was melted. maybe better for dorm life, (it's been a while since I tried it) but I remember ti worked well then.

mae1984

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:38 am
Cous cous salad, lentil salad, pasta salad

DefyGravity

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 11:15 am
I just made the frying pan pizza! It's delicious!

I made half the recipe (since I was only making it for myself) and chopped fresh chives and oregano to mix into the dough. I topped it with tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella!

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, Jun 07 2010, 4:14 pm
rosey wrote:
Shopmiami49 wrote:
Pizza in a Frying Pan

1 c. flour
1/2 c. water
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder

mix together to form smooth dough. add a little more flour if you need to. u can either make the pizza pancake style, like fluffy from the griddle or actually fried. I like it better fried

heat a little oil in a frying pan over med heat. divide the dough in 2 and shape into 1" thick disks to fit the pan. place in pan and lower the heat the lowest it will go. prepare sauce and any toppings you want. when dough is golden brown on the under-side, carefully flip it over. immediately, spread your sauce toppings and cheese on the already fried side. sprinkle garlic powder, salt and oregano. cover the pan with a lid and check frequently to make sure it doesnt burn. pizza is ready when the cheese is hot and bubbly.

this looks great...the gvina levana/cream cheese is in the dough, and you add something else on top? or is that the cheese on top?

also someone once showed me how to make pizza from a pita. I think it was half the pita sliced into two disks, but it may have been the whole thing. anyway, you put it in the microwave for a looong time, I forget if it was even up to about 3 minutes. it gets past the yucky chewy bread phase and goes to crisp almost like a cracker, but that's just before burning (like black and smoking), so it has to be watched. I know it sounds strange but it actually worked. then we put sauce and cheese on it for another few seconds until the cheese was melted. maybe better for dorm life, (it's been a while since I tried it) but I remember ti worked well then.

Yes, the gvina levana is in the dough and you add sauce, toppings, and cheese on top.

good wifey

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 10:33 am
thanx for the pizza recipe, was delicious!!

takeiteasy

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 1:18 pm
The pizza was yum!!!! Thanks

chaya35

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 9:51 am
Shopmiami49 wrote:
Pizza in a Frying Pan

1 c. flour
1/2 c. water
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder

I would love to make this recipe tonight for supper. Can you pls tell me for how many ppl is this recipe for? I need enough for 6 ppl so how many times should I make this recipe? What size do you make the discs - small like the size of a latke or one big one the size of the whole frying pan?

flowerpower

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 9:58 am
melba toast with cottage cheese or sardines
any kind of salad
muffins!!!!

chaya35

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 10:13 am
Shopmiami49 wrote:
Pizza in a Frying Pan

1 c. flour
1/2 c. water
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder

can I bake this recipe? I once made a dough with cream cheese from imamother but don't remember if it was this recipe and it was easy & delicious.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 11:24 am
At noon if I do eat a normal meal I generally eat a meat with carbs.

abaker

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 12:24 pm
yaelinIN wrote:
I made bean-veggie burgers for lunch with tater tots (TT for the kids) and mixed veggies. I also like to make refried beans in the crockpot overnight and make rice in the rice cooker with tortillas or chips and the fixings (like avocado, salsa, cheese, sour cream). I also make soup once a week for lunch during the colder months and everyone likes it!

what are these beans you make in the crock pot? I've seen mexican recipes that call for "refried beans" but none of the canned types seem to be kosher...whats your recipe?

CatLady

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 12:32 pm
Refried beans are easy: http://www.foodnetwork.com/rec......html

abaker

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 5:01 pm
great thank you! I will have to try that recipe =)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals