Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Does my baby have eczema?

Peanuts

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 10:30 pm
my baby has a rash on his face and few people asked me if its eczema how do I know if it is and what should I do to heal it

amother

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 10:40 pm
see your pediatrician.
Make an appointment with an allergist and dermatologist if the rash is very severe. I've been reading some really strange stuff on imamother about skin conditions and allergies.

Read this while your waiting to see the Dr.

WebMD on Eczema

Don't use any commercial eczema products, including clear cream. Use plain petroleum jelly, or a mild moisturizer like cetaphil or california baby.

gold21

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 10:42 pm
the first thing to do is to go see a doctor who can diagnose the rash. if it is eczema, you will need to treat it: if its mild, then a thick rich moisturizer should work. if its severe, then youll need cortisone cream. you will also need to look into possible food allergies, or allergies to soaps and detergents. but the first thing to do is speak to your doctor. good luck!

Peanuts

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 10:46 pm
my doctor gave me a cream and every time I used it his face got worse

c.c.cookie

Post Mon, May 10 2010, 3:52 am
You should see a dermatologist

smilethere

Post Mon, May 10 2010, 6:38 am
I've had great success using Antibiotic Cream. Bought in Duane Reed and shipped to England. The sores were healed and gone within 24 hours.

My son started getting eczema at 1 year. The very helpful doctors in this very medically advanced country just said 'oh it looks like eczema - here is a cream. if it doesn't help come back.' How can I prevent it, you can't.

I've basically figured out that he started getting it when drinking fresh milk. It's funny he's been on milky formula since 4 months, eats all dairy products and got an allergic reaction when drinking milk.

Anyone have ideas?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics