Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Need lots of neshomos for moshiach to come? pls explain
Previous  1  2  3

chaylizi

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 11:10 pm
sleepless-n-ny wrote:
I have heard it, a teacher once said that why there are so many multiples, bec there are so many that need to come in this world. my cousin keeps popping em bec she believes her duty is to bring moshiach. I dont believe it though. it will happen when we are all good or when time comes.

it seems to me that us all being good is a group effort. so we all have a part in bringing moshiach then. it is part of the 13 ikkrim that we should yearn for moshiach (this is not a chabad philosophy- I'm pretty sure it's a jewish one) & how better to yearn for moshiach than to try our hardest to do our small part to bring it closer. even as little kids we learned that every mitzvah that we do adds "bricks" to the bayis shlishi.

grin

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 3:41 am
I learned so much on this thread - thanks!

Why do you feel "handouts" is derogatory? leaflets or pamphlets sounds different?

I think we all agree that Torah and mitzvos cannot reach their fullest expression in galus as long as we lack the beis hamikdosh, korbanos, our benevolent talmid chochom king, no material lack, no fear of terrorists or suicide bombers...

That's what Moshiach's time is really all about, and that's what we're all davening and waiting so expectingly for.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics