Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
TEA TREE OIL AND LAVENDER OIL HEALTH ALERT
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 11:54 pm
I read today in yahoo health news, that tea tree and lavender oil is not safe to use for boys. It can cause enlarge breasts.
THese oils are sometimes used in shampoos, so be careful. it's embarrasing to see boys with abnormal enlarged breasts.
THe article didn't say if it has any effect on girls.
I was using tea tree oil shampoo for my girl, the school recommended it as a good shampoo for lice. But I will discontinue using it right away, I want to be on the safe side.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 12:03 am
[quote="amother"]
Quote:
I read today in yahoo health news,

I would take what you read on yahoo health news with a big grain of salt. Where is that study? where is the proof? and what did they do, rub the oils into their "breasts" everyday to make them enlarged?? seems like a load of rubbish and propaganda to me.

Milk Munch

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 11:13 pm
I'm sorry, that is one of the most ridiculous things I have EVER heard in my entire life.
There is no way t hat can be true. The author obviously had no idea what they are talking about.
I am mindblown that anyone could write such nonsense.

And, why exactly are you anon?!?!?!
So instead of tea tree, you will go use some deadly chemical on your kids head for lice?! Trust me, if you want to be on the safe side you will stay with the tea tree oil.
Or rather, don't trust me, go do some real research from reputable sources .

Tefila

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 11:21 pm
Is it only me who feels uneasy with this thread Confused

mumsy23

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 11:48 pm
why do you feel uneasy tefilah?

Emuna

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 12:13 am
Here's a link to the study. I agree it sounds crazy but we went through this with soy - and I DEFINITELY limit soy with my boys. Plants can have very powerful effects in the body and if these two plants are estrogenic (just like soy is) we want to know about it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/......html

didan

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 12:19 am
B"H

Soy, I agree, (I've studied it), is not very healthy, and can be very unhealthy, particularly for people with thyroid disorders as one of the "side affects" of soy products is that it inhibits thyroid function.

Tea Tree and Lavendar oils, on the other hand, (I've studied this as well), are excellent oils. Very powerful, perhaps, and I dilute it with other natural oils, but I wouldn't believe a random health alert from a place like yahoo news.

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 12:37 am
Quote:
So instead of tea tree, you will go use some deadly chemical on your kids head for lice?! Trust me, if you want to be on the safe side you will stay with the tea tree oil.
people are getting good results with the use of conditioner, for treatment of lice. You apply it liberally, then comb it out with a good lice comb, all the lice come out, and nits too. No need for exotic oils, or deadly chemicals. Smile

Emuna

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 12:42 am
OK, I did a bit of research on tea tree and lavender and found that each has ONE chemical with estrogenic activity - tea tree has a chemical called BETA-SITOSTEROL and lavendar COUMARIN. It's certainly possible that in essential oil form the estrogenic chemical is absorbed through the skin. Just as a comparison I found that soy contains a hefty 14 estrogenic chemicals. But I realize that chemical junk sold in drug stores is probably MORE estrogenic. But honestly, I think there might be something to the study.

Tefila

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 1:03 am
So perhaps it's a good idea for those women to use that r complaining that they r too small Very Happy

happy2beme

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 9:04 am
I was just thinking that , tefilla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

didan

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 9:13 am
B"H

Within limits, it may be a good idea. Excess estrogen can increase a woman's risk for breast cancer.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 6:50 pm
amother wrote:
I read today in yahoo health news, that tea tree and lavender oil is not safe to use for boys. It can cause enlarge breasts.
THese oils are sometimes used in shampoos, so be careful. it's embarrasing to see boys with abnormal enlarged breasts.
I was using tea tree oil shampoo for my girl, the school recommended it as a good shampoo for lice. But I will discontinue using it right away, I want to be on the safe side.

Ok ladies, lets take hold of our shaitels, Or tichuls, and run like the wind with our hands up in the air, screaming our heads off with worry, because now we know, from the brilliant people at yahoo health news, what tea tee oil and lavender oil can "do"! ohhh the immense harm!!!
Tell me, why is it that you people who are so convinced of this "study", take a look, or not, at the side affects of the drugs you put in your body, and chemicals that you use to clean your kitchens, bathrooms, and laundry, and you just turn a blind eye. Did any one of you worried mothers know that these chemicals have very tremendous fumes, that enter your lungs, and damage them, and your childrens as well?
this proves very strongly that all people who hear these "studies" about anything that is labeled "alternative", and runs for the hills, like they are so educated in how they even did the "study", show that you are,
1. uneducated.
2. brainwashed.
3. decided in your ideology.
4. waiting with bated breath to show and prove what you set out to, clearly indicating that you have an ax to grind.
In the end, you only look like a fool, because you have no idea of what you speak.

cindy324

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 7:10 pm
above amother: WHAT THE HECK IS YOUR PROBLEM????

If you got some kind of issue with the women here go rant somewhere else, miss "oh so holy educated, intelligent , albeit extremely bitter about something"

If anyone looks like a fool here IT IS YOU, 'cause you don't even have the guts to post under your screenname...now SHOO

amother

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 7:23 pm
cindy dear, feeling unkind today?
please don't go cursing all amothers in chat tonight.
wait..... wasn't it you that posted under amother the other day?

didan

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 7:45 pm
B"H

amother wrote:
amother wrote:

Ok ladies, lets take hold of our shaitels, Or tichuls, and run like the wind with our hands up in the air, screaming our heads off with worry, because now we know, from the brilliant people at yahoo health news, what tea tee oil and lavender oil can "do"! ohhh the immense harm!!!
Tell me, why is it that you people who are so convinced of this "study", take a look, or not, at the side affects of the drugs you put in your body, and chemicals that you use to clean your kitchens, bathrooms, and laundry, and you just turn a blind eye. Did any one of you worried mothers know that these chemicals have very tremendous fumes, that enter your lungs, and damage them, and your childrens as well?
this proves very strongly that all people who hear these "studies" about anything that is labeled "alternative", and runs for the hills, like they are so educated in how they even did the "study", show that you are,
1. uneducated.
2. brainwashed.
3. decided in your ideology.
4. waiting with bated breath to show and prove what you set out to, clearly indicating that you have an ax to grind.
In the end, you only look like a fool, because you have no idea of what you speak.

I'd probably word your comments a bit differently, but I agree with everything you say here:)

cindy324

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 7:48 pm
amother dear...I'm only unkind to those that deserve it, which means today is your lucky day!

and no , unlike some people, I stand behind my words, so no sorry you must've mistaken your post for mine.

Speaking of chat should I guess who this is? I think it's someone whose screenname begins with the letter "I". Am I wrong or right, dear "amother"

amother

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 7:49 pm
didan wrote:

I'd probably word your comments a bit differently, but I agree with everything you say here:)

Point taken, and thank you:)

amother

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 7:59 pm
cindy, are you PMS'ing or something?
stop priding yourself on being blunt. Some posters here do not appreciate your harshness.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 8:33 pm
Ok, now I know why I am built that way LOL LOL LOL LOL
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics