Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Question for those who don't vaccinate
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 3:44 pm
If you are part of the minority who has a child who's life can be threatened by vaccines I understand why you don't vaccinate. And I don't think anyone says that such a child should be vaccinated.

But what I don't get is why you make blanket statements that its dangerous and bad. For a perfectly healthy child its not dangerous. For such a child its more dangerous to not vaccinate.

Why are there so many frum people not vaccinating today? I find it hard to believe that all of them have sick children.

And the germ free thing, yes I can make sure my child is germ free at home, but when my child visits your home or is in school with your child I cannot make them germ free.

Saying that since vaccinated children get the diseases proves vaccines don't help, is a ridiculous statement. It proves that we need to wipe out the disease at large and if only part of the world vaccinates it won't help.

mominlkwd

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 4:03 pm
Inspired wrote:
mominlkwd wrote:

I have a friend who has a son with issues - not mental and nothing major but a few physical things that make him miss school alot and one of the dr's she went to told her it might be one of the vaccines he got OR it might be something from when she was pregnant - so now she hasn't vaccinated her kids in over a year. Do I feel for her? absolutely but her kid recently got chicken pox and in some ways it was her own fault and we had eaten by her recently and I was pregnant and I was a nervous wreck for 1 1/2 weeks until I knew nobody had caught it from her. We haven't been back there for a meal since because I'm scared I'll find out a few day later that her kids have something else.

If you think you can't catch things, really dangerous things, from vaccinated children you are sorely mistaken.
Do you similarly check up on the vaccine history of adults? Because anyone without immunity can catch a disease and pass it along.

Wow, I'm not sure why you are so angry. I am just stating my feelings on the matter and I even wrote that I totally feel for her and I've been hearing her situation for over 3 years now so I am definitely sympathetic to her. Do I agree with her? not really but I respect her opinion. However I do not have to put myself in that situation again especially now that I have an infant.

Do I check up on the vaccine history of adults? What does that have to do with anything? I never said I checked up on anyone, I'm her friend so I know what's going on with her. If I hadn't known than I obviously wouldn't have been worried (for nothing in the end) but I do know and in fact she called me the next day to let me know what had happened so I could be aware that my kids might have caught something but no I don't check with her everytime I speak to her on what vaccinations she has or hasn't gotten lately. I know that I also had the vaccination debate with myself a few years back and spoke to my dr. about it and decided that for me vaccinating outweighed not vaccinating. You don't have to agree with me but I am entitled to feel how I do without being talked down to.

Inspired

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 4:11 pm
mominlkwd wrote:
Inspired wrote:
mominlkwd wrote:

I have a friend who has a son with issues - not mental and nothing major but a few physical things that make him miss school alot and one of the dr's she went to told her it might be one of the vaccines he got OR it might be something from when she was pregnant - so now she hasn't vaccinated her kids in over a year. Do I feel for her? absolutely but her kid recently got chicken pox and in some ways it was her own fault and we had eaten by her recently and I was pregnant and I was a nervous wreck for 1 1/2 weeks until I knew nobody had caught it from her. We haven't been back there for a meal since because I'm scared I'll find out a few day later that her kids have something else.

If you think you can't catch things, really dangerous things, from vaccinated children you are sorely mistaken.
Do you similarly check up on the vaccine history of adults? Because anyone without immunity can catch a disease and pass it along.

Quote:

Wow, I'm not sure why you are so angry.
Where did you get the impression that I was angry? Because I asked your questions or because I said you are mistaken if you think you can't catch dangerous diseases from vaxed kids? Sorry not getting it.
Quote:

Do I check up on the vaccine history of adults? What does that have to do with anything?
If adults aren't up to date on their vaccines then they can catch the diseases and pass them on as well, thats all.
Quote:
You don't have to agree with me but I am entitled to feel how I do without being talked down to.
I don't see why I was "talking down to you". I was asking questions and making statements.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, May 14 2010, 7:29 am
Fabulous wrote:

I don't have any first hand experience, this is just what I have heard from "around" but I really agree with this poster. I have seen from this site that there are many mothers like HY and Inspired etc...

I just want to make it clear that I have never said I don't vaccinate. I try not to say what I do or don't do. I just want to contribute to an educated discussion so people can have more information to make educated choices which are right for them.
Let me amend that. I don't know enough to help people make decisions, but I know enough to try to stop people being judgemental. That's all. I want people to see it's not black and white, and there is no one right way for everyone. Every situation is different.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, May 14 2010, 7:34 am
amother wrote:
If you are part of the minority who has a child who's life can be threatened by vaccines I understand why you don't vaccinate. And I don't think anyone says that such a child should be vaccinated.

But what I don't get is why you make blanket statements that its dangerous and bad. For a perfectly healthy child its not dangerous. For such a child its more dangerous to not vaccinate.

Why are there so many frum people not vaccinating today? I find it hard to believe that all of them have sick children.

And the germ free thing, yes I can make sure my child is germ free at home, but when my child visits your home or is in school with your child I cannot make them germ free.

Saying that since vaccinated children get the diseases proves vaccines don't help, is a ridiculous statement. It proves that we need to wipe out the disease at large and if only part of the world vaccinates it won't help.
So can you post in Inspired's thread that you're willing to pay money for others to be vaccinated? (Unless you did. I have no clue, since you are anonymous.)
It's impossible to vaccinate the whole world currently.

I have doubts that you can eradicate all diseases completely. Superbugs have come from overuse of antibiotics. We have flu strains that are stronger than ever. It makes me wonder if perhaps we have created mutated diseases that are even harder to treat. I don't think anyone knows the answer, but it's something to think about.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, May 14 2010, 7:37 am
Inspired wrote:
mominlkwd wrote:
Inspired wrote:
mominlkwd wrote:

Quote:

Wow, I'm not sure why you are so angry.
Where did you get the impression that I was angry? Because I asked your questions or because I said you are mistaken if you think you can't catch dangerous diseases from vaxed kids? Sorry not getting it.
Quote:

Do I check up on the vaccine history of adults? What does that have to do with anything?
If adults aren't up to date on their vaccines then they can catch the diseases and pass them on as well, thats all.
Quote:
You don't have to agree with me but I am entitled to feel how I do without being talked down to.
I don't see why I was "talking down to you". I was asking questions and making statements.

(I believe, for at least some of the diseases people vaccinate for, one can transmit the disease despite being vaccinated.)

gryp

Post Fri, May 14 2010, 8:19 am
Like, for example, smallpox. Smallpox vaccine is live virus which means vaccinated persons can transmit smallpox disease, person to person. I'm not old enough to have personal experience with this, but my father told me, everyone knew that when your smallpox vaccine scab fell off, you weren't to touch it with your fingers. There was a recent story of a soldier's daughter who contracted smallpox from touching her father's smallpox injection site.

Perhaps, just perhaps, the smallpox vaccine actually contributed to the epidemics of smallpox which everyone knows were so horrible and everyone was dying and they had to get re-injected (re-infected? Smile ) year after year with the same vaccine, in an attempt to eradicate the disease they were spreading.

But that is just way too crazy for anyone to believe.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics