Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Question for those who are pro vaccination
1  2  3  4  Next

Inspired

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:03 am
Is it so important to you that others vaccinate that if there was someone who would vaccinate but doesn't for lack of money would you pay for them to get vaccines for their child?

Do you think food, basic clothing, housing, medications for actual current illness come before vaccines or are vaccines as important as those?

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:05 am
If I could afford it, yes I would help them for the most important vaccines. It's like saving a life, and the lives of smaller kids who aren't vaxed yet, and necessary to get an education. BH no one here cant vaccine for lack of money.

Vegieburger

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:10 am
I pay taxes, so yes, I would and do pay for other children to be vaccinated.

onlyme

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:10 am
I wouldn't pay for it simply because I can't afford it. But I do think it's as important as medical care for illnesses.

sruth1

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:11 am
If one cannot afford to pay for vaccines the government will suplement the money for teh vaccination. Yes I feel vaccination is as important as any other health care. without it children die, both those that are vaccinated and those that are not vaccinated.

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:12 am
Inspired wrote:
Is it so important to you that others vaccinate that if there was someone who would vaccinate but doesn't for lack of money would you pay for them to get vaccines for their child?

Do you think food, basic clothing, housing, medications for actual current illness come before vaccines or are vaccines as important as those?

That's a very good question.
I think that vaccines for serious life threatening illnesses (meningitis) are on the same level as medications for currect illness.

onlyme

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:14 am
Vegieburger wrote:

Your taxes also go toward the medical care of children who aren't vaccinated. The question was whether or not you would pay specifically for someone to get vaccinated because you feel that it's that important.

Inspired, would it be fair to translate your question into this: Would you give of your maaser money to pay for the vaccinations of a child whose parents can't afford it? Do you think this qualifies as an important cause? (To answer this question, I would, had I been able to afford it.)

sarah86

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:15 am
Your goverment should be providing the required vaccines. If I could afford it I would pay for it...vaccines are so important!

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:16 am
onlyme wrote:
Vegieburger wrote:

Your taxes also go toward the medical care of children who aren't vaccinated. The question was whether or not you would pay specifically for someone to get vaccinated because you feel that it's that important.

Inspired, would it be fair to translate your question into this: Would you give of your maaser money to pay[b] for the vaccinations of a child whose parents can't afford it? Do you think this qualifies as an important cause? (To answer this question, I would, had I been able to afford it.)
[/b]Yes I definitely would.

Inspired

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:18 am
Vegieburger wrote:

I don't know where you live but here they charged the parents for vaccines until recently.
I assume not every where in the world are vaccines paid by the government

Inspired

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:22 am
sruth1 wrote:
If one cannot afford to pay for vaccines the government will suplement the money for teh vaccination. Yes I feel vaccination is as important as any other health care. without it children die, both those that are vaccinated and those that are not vaccinated.

Again, not sure where you live but where I live it still costs money.

I don't see how you can absolutely compare the 2. If someone needs a medication without which they are guarenteed to die within a few days how can you compare that to a vaccine? Most diseases we vaccinate for toaday are not even dealy with current modern medical care.

Its scary to me that people don't know what the disease are. One day people will think in the 1980s bunches of kids were dying from chicken pox.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:23 am
I believe in it for me and my family. If another person WANTED to vax their kids, and their kids could not be covered by state health insurance and I had the money Id help (not a stranger off the street- friend or family)

Inspired

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:23 am
Cookies n Cream wrote:

I think that vaccines for serious life threatening illnesses (meningitis) are on the same level as medications for currect illness.

Can you explain how so? One is a guarantee of death the other is a chance.

Isramom8

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:25 am
I'd like to believe that because of herd immunity, even those not vaccinated are protected. So I wouldn't put it on par with food, shelter and clothing.

But I wouldn't want my child to be unvaccinated, because I'm the anxious type.

Inspired

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:29 am
onlyme wrote:
Vegieburger wrote:

Inspired, would it be fair to translate your question into this: Would you give of your maaser money to pay for the vaccinations of a child whose parents can't afford it? Do you think this qualifies as an important cause? (To answer this question, I would, had I been able to afford it.)

I was just wondering, ideologically if people were willing to "put their money where their mouth is" so to speak. Since on the other thread people are saying how vaccines are important and even if someone does not want them for their own kid or feels they would put someone in their family at risk they should vaccinate anyway out of concern for other people's children. I'm wondering if those people are actually concerned enough that non vaxed kids are a danger to pay for vaccines for others who cannot afford them.

Last edited by Inspired on Thu, May 13 2010, 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

MrsMom

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:32 am
Inspired wrote:
Cookies n Cream wrote:

I think that if the potential illness is not treatable and spreadable then it is just as important to prevent it as it is to treat a current illness.

For example, I don't do flu shots, but I do all recommended vaccinations (And do them 1 or 2 at a time) which is standard at my doctors.

I had expressed my concerns that I had there are dangers in vaccines, and she said to me "MrsMom, if you ever have to see a child suffering with Diphtheria, you would understand why it is necessary"

Inspired

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:36 am
MrsMom wrote:
Inspired wrote:
Cookies n Cream wrote:

I think that if the potential illness is not treatable and spreadable then it is just as important to prevent it as it is to treat a current illness.

For example, I don't do flu shots, but I do all recommended vaccinations (And do them 1 or 2 at a time) which is standard at my doctors.

I had expressed my concerns that I had there are dangers in vaccines, and she said to me "MrsMom, if you ever have to see a child suffering with Diphtheria, you would understand why it is necessary"

I guess you aren't a family member of someone who has a condition that without medication or treatment they would be dead in a few days time. I cannot comprehend how you can compare the 2.

MrsMom

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:42 am
Because we are talking about diseases that if caught (yes it is "only" a potential) the patient would be dead in a few days time.

small bean

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:43 am
if s/o told me the reason she doesnt vaccinate - I'd give her $$ to vaccinate -even if it meant going into my savings. I think if everyone would vaccinate it would protect my children - I would find as much money as I need for that.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:44 am
MrsMom wrote:
Because we are talking about diseases that if caught (yes it is "only" a potential) the patient would be dead in a few days time.
So an IF outweighs a WILL. Safek outweighs a vadai. Halachically speaking, most rabbonim would not pasken like that.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics