Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
ISO lactose free cheesecake

proud_mama

Post Mon, May 17 2010, 9:39 pm
my DD is lactose intolerant, but very extremely so, that lactaid pills dont help her at all. She pretty much cant eat any dairy that has lactose in it. Yogurt and goat cheese have no lactose and therefor she can have those.
I need a recipe for a cheesecake that calls for yogurt (no cream cheese) I do have a bit of goat cheese in the house -probably around 4 oz. I think I may be able to substitute it for cream cheese.
Can anyone please help me out with a recipe???
I don't want DD to be left out when everyone has their yummy cheesecake and dairy delicasies (sp?)
Thanks so much.

bnm

Post Mon, May 17 2010, 9:42 pm
why don't you make her a tofutti cheese cake? you take any regular recipie that involves cream cheese or sour cream and you substitute toffutti products.

Merrymom

Post Mon, May 17 2010, 9:50 pm
Check out Stonyfield Farm's website. They have lots of yogurt recipes although I second the tofutti cream cheese cake. I've made it and nobody was able to tell that it wasn't milchig.

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 17 2010, 10:08 pm
You might be able to use this recipe, and sub the goat cheese for the cream cheese.
If you only have 4 oz of the goat cheese, then you would have to quarter the recipe and make a mini cheesecake / cheesesnack.
(4 oz goat cheese, 2 Tbsp+2 tsp sugar, 1 egg white, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1-1/2 tsp flour - in crust)
http://yoplait.com/Recipe/Reci.....id=32

newlymarried

Post Mon, May 17 2010, 10:28 pm
The recipe that I have calls for sour cream, but I often substitute it with plain yogurt, to make it a bit low fat. I would give you the recipe, but it has ingredients that you can't get in the US, but I am sure that you can do the same substitution in any recipe.

Mommyof1

Post Mon, May 17 2010, 10:30 pm
This is such a delicious cheesecake. It's pareve and I make it over dairy cheesecake..Here's the recipe
3 containers pareve cream cheese
3 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice
2 graham cracker crusts
mix all the ing together then pour into the 2 crusts. place each into a 9X13 tin with water in it. Bake for 45 minutes. serve chilled plain or with pie filling on top

proud_mama

Post Mon, May 17 2010, 10:35 pm
The problem is that I always make parve cheesecake for a regular shabbos desert, so I really wanted her to be able to have "real" cheesecake like everyone else.
I think I might just try that recipe, thanks for making the recipe smaller for me. it sounds just right and that way, she can have her own cheesecake.

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 17 2010, 10:48 pm
proud_mama wrote:
The problem is that I always make parve cheesecake for a regular shabbos desert, so I really wanted her to be able to have "real" cheesecake like everyone else.
I think I might just try that recipe, thanks for making the recipe smaller for me. it sounds just right and that way, she can have her own cheesecake.
I hope it comes out good. I really don't know what type of consistancy goat cheese has, but if you bring it to room temperature before you whip/blend everything together, it should work.

ETA: taste the whipped batter before pouring it into a pan/crust. You can add more sugar, or some lemon juice to meld the flavors more, if you feel it needs it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics