Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Books for puberty boys
1  2  Next

andy

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 8:23 am
I recently bought the book " the wonder of becoming you" for my 10 and 12 yr old daughters and I was really impressed with it. does anyone know of a similar type book for a boy? a well written, modest. look at how a boy grows up? thanks all for your help!

Isramom8

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 4:38 am
There isn't a Jewish one for boys. But this doesn't look bad:
The Boy's Body Guide

Search for "pleasuring" within the book (lefthand side) and see if you can live with what is written.

amother

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 7:19 am
Isramom8 wrote:
There isn't a Jewish one for boys. But this doesn't look bad:
The Boy's Body Guide

Search for "pleasuring" within the book (lefthand side) and see if you can live with what is written.

They put it as a neutral thing. I think it's clean, but "not for us".

andy

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 10:02 am
Thanks, I'll check it out! Any other ideas for a book I can give him to help him understand all these changes?

Isramom8

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 11:33 am
Search www.amazon.com for the topic of "puberty boys" in the category of "Books". Make sure to "look inside" the books at topics that you may be concerned how the book deals with, like the one I mentioned above, and s e x. Also read the reviews.

I'd assume that the one I mention is the most clean and innocent, since it's the brother book of the American Girls Care And Keeping Of You, which is the only sort of appropriate one I found for girls.

I just ordered it so that at least we can read some ideas of how to explain things to our sons, even if we don't decide to hand them the book.

andy

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 3:47 pm
Wouldn't it be great if there were actually a Jewish book on this topic for our sons? One that was written in a clear and modest way without all the info. that a frum family would find offensive. If only...

imamama

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 2:45 am
Quote:
American Girls Care And Keeping Of You

That's the one I got LOL

Tila

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 2:18 pm
for both boys and girls:
WHAT'S THE BIG SECRET
by Laurie Krasny Brown and Marc Brown
www.lb-kids.com
published by little brown
isbn:0-316-10183-4
EXCELLENT book!!!

amother

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 2:34 pm
is it clean (no pleasuring etc?)

Isramom8

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 2:40 pm
You can search inside the book on Amazon. I just did. What's the Big Secret tells kids that pleasuring feels good and should be kept private.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 07 2010, 4:35 am
Isramom8 wrote:
You can search inside the book on Amazon. I just did. What's the Big Secret tells kids that pleasuring feels good and should be kept private.

OY that's bad.

COOLME56

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 10:55 am
im looking for one also mostly amazon books all talk about relations, drugs.. Def dont want that!

Ruchel

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 11:16 am
They're all like the above ones or worse. Not sure what's up in this generation :/
For boys I still don't have better than the text an amother posted on here, I'm sure someone can dig it up.

sequoia

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 11:30 am
The reason they say that is because it's correct.

Creating guilt over this is so hurtful and counterproductive.

mfb

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 1:16 pm
Check this site for old threads there was one that had a link to an article from guard your eyes that I found very good.
I'm on my phone so I can't find that link saved somewhere in an old email

mfb

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 2:06 pm
Guard your eyes .org
Protecting Our Youth
Experts Speak
GYE E-Mail Helpline: gye.help@gmail.com
GYE Phone Support Hotline: (646) 600-8100
October 2011

I found the email but don't have a link here is the info about the article, maybe google it. I think it has info about what to talk to a boy about.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Aug 18 2017, 9:58 am
There is a beautiful pamphlet recently published by Michal Deutsch, a social worker at CHEMED in Lakewood. It's titled "Kedushas Haguf" and has haskamos by Rav Shlomo Gissinger and Rav Elya Brudny with the medical information reviewed by many frum pediatricians. It was written for parents to read, to give them clear, accurate information on the biological process their sons are going through, to be used as a framework for them to speak to their sons.
The medical information is very clear and complete. It is written in a sensitive, careful way and is really an amazing piece.
My doctor gave it to me, he obtained copies from Michal Deutsch at CHEMED.

leopardspots

Post Fri, Aug 18 2017, 11:49 am
sequoia wrote:
The reason they say that is because it's correct.

Creating guilt over this is so hurtful and counterproductive.

This ^

rikki 1

Post Fri, Aug 18 2017, 3:38 pm
Amother gold, can you post the brochure? I would love to see it. My preteen son doesn't get along with my husband so I need to be the one to talk these stuff over...and he really needs it desperately!

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Aug 18 2017, 4:15 pm
Here's an avoidance tactic:
My friend called the doctor before she sent her son in for a physical, they discussed what she would like him to share/teach.
Doc said he gets many such requests.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children