Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Frum Male Party Planners?

Sherri

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 3:58 pm
Do you know any frum male party planners? What is included in their job? Can it be full-time, and are they successful enough to support a family?

What else can you tell me? A friend of mine is looking into this idea for a son of hers- it's an interest of his but she is not sure how practical it is. I figured I can count on the brainstorming here!

Cookies n Cream

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 4:00 pm
Ill pm you

Sherri

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 4:01 pm
Thanks! Anyone else?

amother

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 4:02 pm
Jay from Scoops is frum. I don't know what is involved but this company is very high end and successful.

Sherri

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 4:04 pm
Thank you. That was helpful. What is his capacity, if she wants to contact him?

Cookies n Cream

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 4:06 pm
amother wrote:
Jay from Scoops is frum. I don't know what is involved but this company is very high end and successful.

That is Heshy Jacobowitz (Heshy J). Check out his website for contact info

bnm

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 5:12 pm
my father does a bit of party planning but its usually just for family or part of his catering....

bnm

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 5:13 pm
would he be a vacht nacht type of party planner or a tnoyim/shabbos sheva brochos/party type?

Sherri

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 5:42 pm
bnm wrote:
my father does a bit of party planning but its usually just for family or part of his catering....
I should have included that as part of the questions, since he also likes to cook and would also be interested in catering probably. How do the 2 mesh? He is good at both.

Sherri

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 5:43 pm
bnm wrote:
would he be a vacht nacht type of party planner or a tnoyim/shabbos sheva brochos/party type?
What do you mean- what is the technical difference? I think he could pull them all together.

bnm

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 5:52 pm
Sherri wrote:
bnm wrote:
What do you mean- what is the technical difference? I think he could pull them all together.

vacht nacht one arranges the chairs, food etc but there isn't a sweet table to arrange, more like a coordinator. tnoyim and that stuff he orders the miniatures, salads etc and does the sweet table with props and whatever the style is...

Sherri

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 5:54 pm
Tnoyim, sheva brachos, etc. then.

ysydmom

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 8:59 pm
There are alot of men that do "catering" which is kind of like party planning. Most men own wedding halls or manage them - similiar idea.

Go for it.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 9:27 pm
Yes. Newborn Caterers is a relative of a realtive. he is very successful. he doenst cater; he arrnages catered food and sets up the tables beuatifully.

Ruchel

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 10:35 am
My friend is one.

edited after I got more infos lol

It's his only job. But it doesn't bring in a lot as it's not that often. His wife works too but a real full time and isn't so happy (but there are other problems).

What you need is a lot of connexions, strong personality, adaptability to every client's taste. Even more than a girl, as it's more of a "girl job" in many people's minds.

Last edited by Ruchel on Tue, May 25 2010, 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sherri

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 12:35 pm
So, thank you to whoever did answer the initial question: "Do you know...", with a "Yes".
Now, can you please elaborate on the other things I wanted to know? Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics