Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Lost....
Previous  1  2

DefyGravity

Post Fri, May 28 2010, 1:08 pm
Strictlycurls wrote:
The temple had holes by the wall and underground for the smoke monster! I wonder why Jacob's people claimed that it was the last safe place..
And somebody must have build the statue!! I wonder what people were there before Jacob's time.

Did anybody else notice the smoke monster sounded like electricity and like a mechanical machine?

We don't know how long Jacob was on the Island. Isn't it possible that he built it? Did they show the statue when Jacob's mother washed up on the Island? In the flashback episodes did they indicate that it was there before Jacob? I remember they showed it when they were flashing through time, but did they indicate that Jacob didn't exist yet? IMO, some things aren't necessary to explain.

Barbara

Post Fri, May 28 2010, 1:27 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
Strictlycurls wrote:
The temple had holes by the wall and underground for the smoke monster! I wonder why Jacob's people claimed that it was the last safe place..
And somebody must have build the statue!! I wonder what people were there before Jacob's time.

Did anybody else notice the smoke monster sounded like electricity and like a mechanical machine?

We don't know how long Jacob was on the Island. Isn't it possible that he built it? Did they show the statue when Jacob's mother washed up on the Island? In the flashback episodes did they indicate that it was there before Jacob? I remember they showed it when they were flashing through time, but did they indicate that Jacob didn't exist yet? IMO, some things aren't necessary to explain.

Once Jacob died, there was no longer a balance of power. But Jacob's ashes were still protecting the temple, until MiB was allowed in. (The vents allowed him in ... when invited.)

As to who built the statue, it was an Egyptian deity. So my guess is that it was a group of people who were on the Island before Jacob, probably before Jacob's mom.

rb

Post Fri, May 28 2010, 1:40 pm
OMG, my favorite show of all time! I loved the ending emotionally since we got a happy ending for all the characters (I cried at every "reunion") but they left alot of the scientific questions unanswered.

Why couldn't people give birth on the island?

Why was Ben able to kill Widmore, when he told him in Season 4 that he can't kill him?

I understood the flash sideways to be a sort of "tikun" for their souls, that's why Sawyer was a cop when in real life he was a con man, Jack had a son to deal with his daddy issues that he never resolved with his own father, Locke also loved his father in the sideways world as opposed to the real world. So how does that explain Kate being a fugitive there too, and Jin getting shot in the chest?

What was Charlottes role in the Island?

What was the point of the whole Dogan storyline this season?

Barbara

Post Fri, May 28 2010, 1:58 pm
rb wrote:
OMG, my favorite show of all time! I loved the ending emotionally since we got a happy ending for all the characters (I cried at every "reunion") but they left alot of the scientific questions unanswered.

Effect of the detonation of the nuclear bomb,or the poison gas of the purge. Since Horace Goodspeed's wife (can't recall her name) got pregnant and gave birth to Ethan on the Island, that's the obvious culprit. Was Miles also conceived and born on the Island? And Charlotte as well?

Why was Ben able to kill Widmore, when he told him in Season 4 that he can't kill him?

Those were the *rules* that Widmore broke. Also might have been one of Jacob's rules, which no longer existed once Jacob died. Remember that Widmore couldn't kill Ben, either, at that time.

I understood the flash sideways to be a sort of "tikun" for their souls, that's why Sawyer was a cop when in real life he was a con man, Jack had a son to deal with his daddy issues that he never resolved with his own father, Locke also loved his father in the sideways world as opposed to the real world. So how does that explain Kate being a fugitive there too, and Jin getting shot in the chest?

Kate was a fugitive, but she was innocent. Jin and Sun broke free of her father's influence.

She was one of the Freighter Tots, sent to the Island as a scientist by Widmore. Widmore wanted the secrets of the Island, to exploit it.

Set up. It created Zombie Sayid. Showed how evil MiB was. Did a final disposition of the Others (so we didn't all say *what happened to the Others?*) It was also one of those actor problem things. Like the real reason that Eko wasn't in the finale is that the actor wanted too much money. And Shannon wasn't on the Sideways 814 because Maggie Grace didn't want to come back. Cesar was apparently supposed to play a big role, but the actor had other commitments.

rb

Post Fri, May 28 2010, 2:11 pm
Barbara wrote:
rb wrote:

Effect of the detonation of the nuclear bomb,or the poison gas of the purge. Since Horace Goodspeed's wife (can't recall her name) got pregnant and gave birth to Ethan on the Island, that's the obvious culprit. Was Miles also conceived and born on the Island? And Charlotte as well?

Those were the *rules* that Widmore broke. Also might have been one of Jacob's rules, which no longer existed once Jacob died. Remember that Widmore couldn't kill Ben, either, at that time.

Kate was a fugitive, but she was innocent. Jin and Sun broke free of her father's influence.

She was one of the Freighter Tots, sent to the Island as a scientist by Widmore. Widmore wanted the secrets of the Island, to exploit it.

Set up. It created Zombie Sayid. Showed how evil MiB was. Did a final disposition of the Others (so we didn't all say *what happened to the Others?*) It was also one of those actor problem things. Like the real reason that Eko wasn't in the finale is that the actor wanted too much money. And Shannon wasn't on the Sideways 814 because Maggie Grace didn't want to come back. Cesar was apparently supposed to play a big role, but the actor had other commitments.

Great answers, thanks! Did they actually say Kate was innocent in the sideways world?
Two more:

What was the meaning of Zombie Sayid and Zombie Claire? What made them crazy?
Why did Sayid end up with Shannon instead of Nadia?

One of the funniest moments to me was when Kate asked Jacob why her name was crossed out in the cave. Jacob said "Because you became a mother, but it's just chalk on a rock, if you want the job, it's yours!" It was sort of telling the audience to stop looking at every tiny thing, some things are not meant to delve too deeply in.

JC

Post Fri, May 28 2010, 2:29 pm
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291

This is a link with a list of questions that remained unanswered. Watching this made me realize just how much I missed!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics