Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Best fast cheap internet

Fabulous

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 2:56 pm
We're looking to get a fast internet connection for cheap in our apt. We don't have a phone line, although I'm sure the apt comes with one. What do you use? Are you happy with them? What's the price? I am not looking for a double deal with phone, just internet. TIA

goodmorning

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 9:18 pm
Some of it may depend on the location of your apartment; for example, Verizon, which holds the contract for DSL, only covers certain neighborhoods. If yours is not covered, you can't receive DSL service.
I personally have Optimum's Cablevision (part of their Triple Play services - phone, cable Internet and cable television). Each of those is $29.99 a month, and you can choose them separately.
You don't need a phone line, it runs on cables ($20 installation charge or so).
They are fast, cheap (no taxes or hidden fees) and their customer service beats Verizon's hands-down. On the other hand, I have heard of people having trouble with basement apartments, so if that's what you have, check that out.

greeneyes

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 9:34 pm
We also use cablevision & it's $29.95 per month. I agree with goodmorning, their customer service is outstanding. It's always a pleasure dealing with them.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 10:31 pm
thanks. Is it still 30 if I don't get phone or tv?

mrs.morah

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 9:06 am
I have earthlink for 29.99. ITS VERY GOOD. you dnt need a phone line but its not wireless you need a modem. I canceled my internet once within 30 days b.c I thought I didnt need it and they gave me a full refund. I got myself reconnected for job purposes...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries