Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Awesome no-cook baked ziti
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 10:14 am
We always rinse our pasta. Always.

nakatts

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 1:14 pm
estibesty wrote:
put the raw ziti in 9X13 add a container of marinara sauce then fill empty marinara container 1/2 milk other half water pour into pan put cheese cove and bake 1 1/2 hr at 350.
easy YUM and soft

a container of marinara meaning, a whole glass jar. or a can of sauce? im not sure if I know the amount you mean...

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 1:17 pm
nakatts wrote:
estibesty wrote:
put the raw ziti in 9X13 add a container of marinara sauce then fill empty marinara container 1/2 milk other half water pour into pan put cheese cove and bake 1 1/2 hr at 350.
easy YUM and soft

a container of marinara meaning, a whole glass jar. or a can of sauce? im not sure if I know the amount you mean...
I believe it's a 28 oz. jar of prepared marinara sauce.

EsaEinai

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 1:55 pm
sounds yum and super easy, thanks for posting!

and chocolate moose, this is a thread sharing an easy recipe, not a hot topic in the controversial section. maybe make your own thread about health considerations when making pasta instead of trying to turn everyone off from an easy dinner.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 2:04 pm
EsaEinai wrote:

and chocolate moose, this is a thread sharing an easy recipe, not a hot topic in the controversial section. maybe make your own thread about health considerations when making pasta instead of trying to turn everyone off from an easy dinner.

I don't see how it's easier to flood your dinner with a ton of extra liquid, then bake it for an extra hour. IMO it's easier to boil the pasta a day or even 2 beforehand. Assembling the dinner and baking it doesn't take that much time, then.

Health considerations of eating all that extra starch aside.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 2:06 pm
edit

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, Jun 10 2010, 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

TWINNY

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 2:15 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
EsaEinai wrote:

I don't see how it's easier to flood your dinner with a ton of extra liquid, then bake it for an extra hour. IMO it's easier to boil the pasta a day or even 2 beforehand. Assembling the dinner and baking it doesn't take that much time, then.

Health considerations of eating all that extra starch aside.

It is easier as in less time consuming-just putting everything in at once vs. cooking up pasta first; a simple one step recipe, and this is very helpful for certain individuals out there. You can't deny that fact. Health considerations are uncalled for here.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 2:24 pm
ra_mom wrote:
And I'm sure that there are recipes that you posted here that don't appeal to me either. That doesn't mean I attacked them, especially if I didn't try them.

What makes you think I have not tried this? I MOST DEFINITELY have made this before. It's not worth it.

overthehill

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 2:30 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
And I'm sure that there are recipes that you posted here that don't appeal to me either. That doesn't mean I attacked them, especially if I didn't try them.

What makes you think I have not tried this? I MOST DEFINITELY have made this before. It's not worth it.

OK- so Dont make it-!

But dont discourage others from making it because you have "dietary standards" that seem to be much higher and better than everyone else

This thread is about a quick recipe. Period.
Dont Disect it
Dont Scrutinize it
Dont tell us its not healthy.
Dont Eat it if you dont like it.
Dont make it if its too fattening.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 3:33 pm
It's "quick" to eat dirt but no one does it. It's "quick" to fry foods or eat out but how much of that stuff can you do, healthfully?

I'm just stating a fact, in case no one knew about it before. Rinsing the starch away is much more healtful.

yummymummy

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 11:38 pm
Yes but do you have to keep repeating that "fact" over and over again? Also, I'm still not convinced that leaving the starch on pasta is unhealthy. I tried googling it and found no mention that eating unrinsed pasta is unhealthy.

Your comparison to eating dirt is inaccurate, at best. Try comparing this to a recipe that calls for butter, margarine, or any other ingredient you deem unhealthy. You can mention the fact that the ingredient is unhealthy once and offer an alternative if you'd like but please leave it at that. No one was suggesting that you need to serve unwashed pasta to your family every night, but as a quick option for dinner when your short on preparation time this recipe seems harmless enough.

Last edited by yummymummy on Fri, Jun 11 2010, 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total

mazeltov

Post Fri, Jun 11 2010, 12:05 am
what if it's rinsed but not cooked before baking?

would that solve the starch problem?

I'm just wondering if that's an alternative.

I'm asking the poster that said it needs to be rinsed or cooked? to remove the unhealthy starch?

could rinsing just mean holding it under running water?

elf123

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 12:23 pm
No offense to the OP, just wondering if anyone else has tried the recipe yet and what you thought of it? Thanks. I actually have a pot of water boiling right now but wondering if I should try this quickie version instead.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 12:38 pm
I haven't tried it but this is not the first time I've seen a no boil baked ziti recipe. So I would think it works.
I've seen this recipe on a few sites.
http://kmarkners.blogspot.com/......html

saw50st8

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 12:45 pm
This isn't much different than lasagna and I never preboil the lasagna noodles. If I don't get the no boil ones, I bake it a little longer. Its no big deal.

estibesty

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 12:46 pm
op here: I never had luck with out boiling lasagna but for some reason the ziti worked much better its really creamy and soft ive made its tonsa time

Fabulous

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 12:49 pm
do you cover it in the beginning?

estibesty

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 3:06 pm
yup keep covered 1.5 hrs

farm

Post Thu, Jun 17 2010, 2:31 pm
Made it for supper this week. It was so quick and easy and the whole family loved it. Thanks so much Estibesty!

crush

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 10:28 pm
I just made this for after the fast. It was yuuuuuuuuuuuum!!!!!! So creamy and yummy and soft!!
Mmmmm, thanks so much estibesty. This was definitely a hit. Thumbs Up
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals