Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Awesome no-cook baked ziti
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Simple1

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 10:33 pm
I also made it last week. It was so good and so so easy! I added seasoning before baking. Thanks.
I also tried it with chopped meat (raw) broken up, instead of cheese and all water and it was also good. Except that I used elbow macaroni and it came out mushy - maybe ziti would have stayed firmer.

Marigold

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 10:39 am
Can anyone tell me what size the package of noodles are? I have one that says 12 oz ( I've never made ziti yet) and I'm not sure if this is enough for a full recipe or it's less.
TIA

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 10:56 am
Paddington Bear wrote:
Can anyone tell me what size the package of noodles are? I have one that says 12 oz ( I've never made ziti yet) and I'm not sure if this is enough for a full recipe or it's less.
TIA
I would think that the recipe is for 16 oz.

mamaleh

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 10:57 am
How many packages of ziti? 1 or 2? I found that one does not really make a full 9x13. If the recipe calls for 1 has anyone ever used 2? did you change how much marinara?

estibesty

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 11:02 am
yup 1 makes a full 9X13 but if you have a big family jsut put 2 packages and double e/t else
also a reg package of macoroni is 16 oz but if you only have 12 it might still be ok mambe put a drop less maranara and milk water

Marigold

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 11:11 am
ra_mom wrote:
Paddington Bear wrote:
TIA
I would think that the recipe is for 16 oz.

thanks.

Marigold

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 11:14 am
estibesty wrote:
yup 1 makes a full 9X13 but if you have a big family jsut put 2 packages and double e/t else
also a reg package of macoroni is 16 oz but if you only have 12 it might still be ok mambe put a drop less maranara and milk water

I will put it in a smaller pan and adjust the recipe. Thanks for the quick response.
I'm probably the only one that will eat it so I'm trying to make it smaller. The less that goes into me Smile .....

Tamiri

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 11:16 am
Awesome no(n)-cook bakes ziti?
Awesome non-cook(ed) baked ziti?
Awesome no-cook baked ziti?

[color=darkred][The title of this thread was originally "Awsome no cook bakes ziti," but that was changed by a mod to make this thread more easily searchable][/color]

5S5Sr7z3

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 11:24 am
Sounds delish! Dinner for tomorrow!

wtvr

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 11:27 am
esti, can you please edit the title, so that if we're doing a search for baked ziti it'll come up?

Martini

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 11:43 am
chocolate moose wrote:

I don't go for that.

Preboiling the pasta takes very little effort, then you need less liquid in the product ANd it bakes for considerably less time. Also, you can drain the starch first, which is healthier.

What are you talking about? Preboiling means making a pot dirty! I'm allergic to dirty pots lol. For me its worth everything.

Estie, do you mix the cheese before baking, or just pour it on top? Also, what size marinara sauce do you use?

Martini

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 11:45 am
CutiePatutie wrote:
wow! this is awesome! I was thinking just two days ago if I could make ziti without pre-cooking the noodles, as I do with my lasagna. you are a mind reader. I will definitely be making this next time we have dairy for dinner. thanks a ton!!!!

And if you are worried about eating pasta that was not rinsed, than I presume you never make any pasta dish that has a cream sauce, such as penne a la vodka, or fettuccine alfredo. All those recipes say NOT to rinse the pasta so the sauce sticks better, which should also be done when making reg mac and cheese as well. But I guess none of those are healthy to begin with, so you must never eat that stuff.

Would you mind sharing your no bake lasagna?

Tamiri

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 11:52 am
Awesome: No cook bakes ziti! They all bake chocolate cake instead (and the world is a better place for it!)
Very Happy

mamaleh

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 11:56 am
estibesty wrote:

Do you really think I have to fully double the sauce? 2 jars of marinara sound like an awful lot, that means 4 jars of liquid in a 9x13!! I was thinking of just adding more milk & water. What do you think?

teachby

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 12:03 pm
I just saw this thread now, and this sounds right up my alley. I'm wondering--has anyone tried it with whole wheat ziti?

dora

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 12:43 pm
So funny to see this here. I ate melaveh malkah this week by someone and LOVED the ziti. I asked for the recipe and, this is I. It was made with whole wheat pasta and was just delicious. Now that I tasted it I will be making it.

beautiful blessings

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 2:12 pm
Which kind of cheese did pple who make it use? Or plan to use? And how much?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 2:28 pm
This sounds like my skip a step lasagna. It's three layers - 3 noodles (regular, uncooked), a third of the sauce (28 -32 oz. of red stuff, 1 lb. cottage cheese, herbs and seasoning of your choice, 1 egg), 1/2 - 2/3 cup shredded cheese per layer. Then pour one cup of water around the perimeter, cover tightly, bake at 350 - 375 an hour and a half.

Yes, there's all that starch. I never thought about it.
Best part - oven stays pareve since it's covered well.

boro park

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 2:35 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
estibesty wrote:
put the raw ziti in 9X13 add a container of marinara sauce then fill empty marinara container 1/2 milk other half water pour into pan put cheese cove and bake 1 1/2 hr at 350.
easy YUM and soft

I don't go for that.

Preboiling the pasta takes very little effort, then you need less liquid in the product ANd it bakes for considerably less time. Also, you can drain the starch first, which is healthier.

what about draining pasta makes it healthier?

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 6:56 pm
I made it with whole wheat pasta, and it turned out awesome!! Smile

Only baked for about an hour, but came out perfect..
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals