Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Awesome no-cook baked ziti
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jul 27 2010, 1:58 pm
faigyl wrote:
Just put this in the oven for after the fast. That was so quick and clean! If it comes out good then this will def. be a keeper Smile

I added a container of cottage cheese, a pack of mozzarella and some cheddar.

I hope it wasnt too much cheese.

There's no such thing as too much cheese.

wtvr

Post Tue, Jul 27 2010, 2:01 pm
faigyl wrote:
skip the water then- it will be too much liquid...

That's what I thought.

AZmom09

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 8:41 am
I just made this and wow was it easy!! I added some cottage cheese too. Very creamy and so so easy! My kids loved it. thanks!!!

Blueberry Muffin

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 10:13 am
I make this recipe all the time!! so easy - no brainer!!! sometimes I prep it earier in the morning, refrigerate it, and put it into the oven when kids come home from school. EASY!!

mamaleh

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 1:40 pm
Has anyone ever done 2 boxes in one pan? how much liquid did you use?

teachby

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 1:58 pm
I often do two boxes, but in two separate pans. You'd have to have a pretty big pan not to overflow it in one.

By the way, I often make this before I go to work, leave it in the oven, and set the timer on the oven so that it's ready when we come home. I also love this recipe because my kids can make it.

While we are on the topic, does anyone else have more of these "no brainer" type recipes, which require very little prep, few ingredients, and can easily memorized and prepared by a pre-teen? I especially love stuff you can prepare in advance and cook on a timer, because I'm out at work. Of course there's also the crockpot, which I do sometimes as well, but we tend not to eat much fleishigs, and most crockpot recipes I find seem to be fleshig.

mamaleh

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 4:15 pm
Just made this for supper.

AMAZING!!!! Yes Thumbs Up Dancing Applause

c899

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 7:13 pm
It was delicious thank you so much! I think this is going to be my go to milchig supper from now on!!!! It took like three minutes to make and there was barelyy any cleanup involved

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 5:12 am
Ok, I'm really confused as to how much noodles this recipe calls for?

A few people suggested 16 oz, but the recipe that Ra_mom posted (almost identical) calls for 8 oz. Which one is it? So many people on this thread have made it and are happy with it, so I am assuming that at least one person can tell me whether they used 1 or 2 pounds of pasta (it makes a difference!).

Thanks! Smile

mha3484

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 5:20 am
Last time I made this the top was crunchy. I will probably stir it half way through next time. The bottom noodles came out great and overall we enjoy it.

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 5:29 am
mha3484 wrote:
Last time I made this the top was crunchy. I will probably stir it half way through next time. The bottom noodles came out great and overall we enjoy it.

What was the amount of noodles that you used though?

mha3484

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 5:56 am
One 16 oz package of whole wheat.

mamaleh

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 7:04 am
Shopmiami49 wrote:
Ok, I'm really confused as to how much noodles this recipe calls for?

A few people suggested 16 oz, but the recipe that Ra_mom posted (almost identical) calls for 8 oz. Which one is it? So many people on this thread have made it and are happy with it, so I am assuming that at least one person can tell me whether they used 1 or 2 pounds of pasta (it makes a difference!).

Thanks! Smile

I (actually my 5-1/2year old daughter) use one 16oz box of pasta and it works perfectly. You need to cover it very tightly so the top steams & doesn't get crispy.

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 9:04 am
Ok, so this is very interesting...

I just saw the last 2 responses now and I already used an 8 oz bag (that is the standard size in my area) and it was perfect. I actually thought that it would be better with slightly MORE liquid/creaminess since this amount absorbed ALL the liquid and it wasn't as creamy as many posters experienced.

mamaleh

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 9:06 am
Shopmiami49 wrote:

I just saw the last 2 responses now and I already used an 8 oz bag (that is the standard size in my area) and it was perfect. I actually thought that it would be better with slightly MORE liquid/creaminess since this amount absorbed ALL the liquid and it wasn't as creamy as many posters experienced.

What size jar of marinara are you using?

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Aug 29 2012, 10:39 pm
Same size the recipe calls for...26. oz.

smss

Post Thu, Aug 30 2012, 12:35 am
Shopmiami49 wrote:

shopmiami did you use real marinara sauce? Or did you make a sauce with tomato paste?
I made it with a 500 gram bag of pasta (16 oz), and with a tomato paste sauce, and it totally absorbed everything and wasn't creamy. I thought it was cuz the sauce I made wasn't as liquidy as marina sauce. We still liked it though.

ETA: oh whoops. I just saw that you said you used marinara sauce. Are you sure the bag was 8 oz though? The only size I've seen here is 500 grams which is half a kilo which is a pound, or 16 oz.

Shopmiami49

Post Thu, Aug 30 2012, 5:53 am
Good ole Google...sigh... LOL

Yesterday it told me that 8 oz. of pasta was 454 g. Today it told me that 8 oz. is 220 g. Oh how I wish I knew my math better lol!!!!

I used 16 oz of pasta apparently...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Aug 30 2012, 5:58 am
Right, 8 ounces is half a pound, 16 ounces is a pound....when you asked if people use 1 or 2 pounds, I figured your math was off Smile

BTW, I've done this successfully with brown rice pasta....or at least my son said as much. I didn't taste it to know for sure if it was too mushy or whatever.

wtvr

Post Thu, Aug 30 2012, 7:03 am
I sometimes just double the milk and no water- comes out creamier.

HY- I agree about the brown rice pasta. This way of cooking it is actually the most "real pasta" tasting, IMHO. It tastes creamy as apposed to mushy, which tends to happen when cooking regularly.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals