Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
N'shei play- anyone auditioning?

spoons

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 12:07 am
N'shei is back and auditioning tomorrow. anyone going to try out?
I haven't acted since 7th grade, a bit out of practice, but I've always loved acting...

BestMomBrooklyn

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 7:28 am
I'd love to, can you please post the info? Thanks!

spoons

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 10:25 am
call Breindy at 347 623 8584
auditions today and Tues. night, I believe.
They're putting on "The Rothschilds" and they want ppl who can act, sing, and/or dance. also if you like doing background things (lighting, scenery..) there was another number for that, but I lost the paper!
good luck, and maybe see you there! Smile

ValleyMom

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 10:47 pm
OMIGOD!
I was cast in that play in camp! It's a really fun play with some awesome songs. I was cast as the youngest son, but respectfully declined to play a smaller background role of an alcoholic customer who quietly gets drunk in the background whille the rest of the cast sings.... I stold the show is was an awesome five minutes!
Wink Wink Wink

spoons

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 11:19 pm
really? the script (at least the pages they had out) didn't seem too "fun". kinda blah, but I only saw bits and pieces so maybe not. All about stocks and bonds...
sometimes the best parts are the little 5 minute ones that steal the show!

BestMomBrooklyn

Post Wed, Jun 16 2010, 1:50 am
Thank yous SPOONS for the info, I went and had a ball. The ladies were so receptive and kind to everyone. Hoping for some more fun in the future.

spoons

Post Wed, Jun 16 2010, 7:33 am
Glad you enjoyed! I hope to be involved too in some way,seems like fun and a good reason to get out of the house! Smile
I didn't feel though that they gave me enough to read, I didn't get to show what I can do (they gave the same people the "interesting" parts to try- the mean guy, the funny guy..) even after I requested it. oh well.

If you hear of any of the 'films' or anything else, let me know! I never even knew about them till talking with some other girls at the audition!

BestMomBrooklyn

Post Wed, Jun 16 2010, 8:39 am
I know nothing about films or other productions. I didn't hear about this either until you posted. I guess I'll wait to hear more.

Isramom8

Post Wed, Jun 16 2010, 9:49 am
I would have liked to play the guy in the background doing his own thing! In camp plays I was always cast as the annoying supporting counter role (Cousiin Sid in Tom Sawyer, the tattletale younger sister in I Remember Mama). I loved playing the in-your-face background cleaning lady in Annie - people told my mother they wanted to hire me. LOL

One year in school I didn't get a part onstage but was chosen as curtain puller. It was a very important job, and I loved being part of it all. In my position I got to experience the entire play, and exchange supportive looks and comments with the actors immediately before and after they went onstage. It's really about being part of the whole production.

neverbored

Post Mon, Jun 21 2010, 1:52 am
Crying Crying Crying How did I miss this?? Is it too late for this?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries