Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Teen shopping in Boro Park?

mindyme

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 12:49 am
Hi, we live in Canada and aren't so familiar with New York shopping. I'm bringing my 2 teens to BP next week to *SHOP*. Please give me your suggestions for the best places for teen clothes and shoes, stockings and linens. We are looking for lower prices if possible. Thanks everyone so much!
PS. wish me luck with the "shopping with teens" thing! Banging head

mindyme

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 11:02 pm
Please all you NYers! 59 people have looked at this, could someone please help us out? Thanks so much!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 11:13 pm
teen clothes: Junees, Teen Boutique, Elzee
shoes: Shoe Palace
stockings: Just Legs, Sock Exchange
linen: D'Rose

mindyme

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 11:20 pm
Thanks, ra mom! Do you have addresses for these places?

sneakermom

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 11:39 pm
Junee's is on eighteenth ave and about forty six street in boro park.

I'm not sure where teen boutique is, maybe, on sixteenth avenue and like forty six street, and shoe palace is on eighteenth avenue and something like forty seven street.

Elzee is on thirteenth avenue and lower forties. There is a flatbush location of elzee on Avenue J I think.

In general everything is on sale right now. I would go up and down thirteenth avenue, and eighteenth avenue. There are lots of stores and you are sure to find something.

I heard that elegant linen, the location on New Utrecht and somewhere in the sixties has a good sale right now.

The stocking store on thirteenth avenue low low forties forgot the name, has good prices.

Good luck to you and make sure to have fun and eat lots of pizza and ice cream too. LOL

yummymummy

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 11:43 pm
Brenda's (4518 18th Ave) has nice clothing and a large selection but some items are a bit pricey (not everything, though). Sorry I can't help more but I don't really shop in BP, I made a special trip to Brenda's because I got a gift certificate.

I'm curious, though, why do you need to get linen or shoes in BP? I could see why you might want to come for tznius clothing or cheaper (?) stockings but couldn't you get shoes and linen in Canada?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 11:43 pm
smh wrote:
Thanks, ra mom! Do you have addresses for these places?

Sure!

teen clothes:

Junees
4622 18th Avenue, Brooklyn
(718) 871-0016

Teen Boutique
4501 16th Avenue, Brooklyn
(718) 438-3833

Elzee
4312 13th Avenue, Brooklyn
(718) 438-5401

shoes:

Shoe Palace
4715 13th Avenue, Brooklyn
(718) 633-4354

stockings: (if you're looking for sheer nude stockings ask for Melas in Honey)

Just Legs (this store also carries great opaque black tights as well for $1.99 ($2.49 w/ control top). Ask for them by price.)
4914 13th Avenue, Brooklyn
(718) 435-0434

Sock Exchange
4513 13th Avenue, Brooklyn
(718) 633-1371

linen:

D'Rose Linen
1315 47th Street, Brooklyn
(718) 436-0863

mindyme

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 10:07 pm
thanks, ra mom for such detailed info! It'll come in very handy, and I'll be thinking of you... Smile

yummymummy - don't know if you have teens, but all teens think that Boro Park is the shopping mecca of the world, and "everything is better in NY". That aside, most everything from the States is more expensive up here, and there is much less selection. Shoes that look "normal" are esp. hard to find, esp. at decent prices. Ditto for linen sets. I will wait to pay $$$ for their Kallah sets, B"EH!

yummymummy

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 10:21 pm
smh wrote:
thanks, ra mom for such detailed info! It'll come in very handy, and I'll be thinking of you... Smile

yummymummy - don't know if you have teens, but all teens think that Boro Park is the shopping mecca of the world, and "everything is better in NY". That aside, most everything from the States is more expensive up here, and there is much less selection. Shoes that look "normal" are esp. hard to find, esp. at decent prices. Ditto for linen sets. I will wait to pay $$$ for their Kallah sets, B"EH!

Thanks for the info., I had no idea Canadians had such problems finding clothes, shoes and linen (I'm being serious). Do you ever shop for shoes on-line? Good luck!

mindyme

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 10:28 pm
Do you buy shoes on-line? how do you know if they will fit? Also, alot of places either won't ship to Canada, or will charge alot. Then there's duties and taxes... We may have free medical care, but boy do we have taxes!
Actually, I can't complain too much. There are several frum stores for clothing, etc., here. My younger kids get outfitted just fine. It's really a teen thing... but they've worked hard on exams and deserve some fun before they start their summer jobs.

yentadevosha

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 10:32 pm
Mrs k (clothing)
4501 New Utrecht Ave.
718-436-7075

Le bon
4802 13 Ave
718-633-2939

S&W Ladies wear-2 stores clothing and shoes on the same block
4217- 13th Ave

Family Hose Center -Hosiery
4719 New UtrechtAve
718-438-2127

yummymummy

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 10:37 pm
I have bought shoes on-line but since I live in the states most sites have very flexible shipping and return policies. I buy shoes in the size I usually wear, sometimes people will post in the comment sections if a shoe runs small but usually I just get my regular size. Too bad about the taxes and duties, I think here in most states if an internet company does not have a physical location in the state they don't have to charge you tax (you're supposed to report the items yourself Wink ).

Good luck with your shopping!

mindyme

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 11:06 pm
thanks everyone for the advice! We had alot of fun. $$$ Very Happy

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 1:55 pm
smh wrote:
thanks everyone for the advice! We had alot of fun. $$$ Very Happy
I hope you accomplished Tongue Out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries