Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
For all working and non working parents please read!!

rivk241

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 1:50 pm
we are all well aware that school is over this week in most schools. if we work or dont we need to occupy our children- next week we gotta send them to PRECAMP CAMP !!- for a week - that around 100 per child!! ( a must for working mothers!!) dont forget we are still paying full price for school - for the month of june!! and then we have camp- ( day camp) which is crazy expensive .. and then we have 2 weeks of POSTCAMP CAMP- we gotta send them then too!!!

this is nuts...
we all complain with eachother but we dont have a voice!!! we gotta do something about this insanity!!!
any ideas here would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 2:08 pm
Here daycamp begins the day after school ends, but after that... either you need to send to a sleep away camp, or you have a month and it's very difficult!

Some people btw have the same problem every day! they need a nanny or an after school program because they cannot be there at 4/5.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 2:42 pm
I understand for working mothers, but don't you ever want your children home to spend quality time LOL ?! Here, they only have one month of camp, but 2 months vacation. We, or at least in my children's school, pay a 12 month tuition, so the summer or at least that one month is really hard, financially.

rivk241

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 3:58 pm
I think the majority of mothers in the usa works today ...either pt or ft ...am I wrong?

shopaholic

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 7:46 pm
I hear you & I wish I had some advice. Too bad someone can't start a program between school & camp. I've personally never had this problem. I've either not worked, worked from home or taken my kids to work with me. It's really hard for mothers who work but what are the schools supposed to do? They need a week or so to clean up from school & get day camp organized I guess. Also, in some schools, the teachers come back for day camp so they need a bit of a break.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 7:52 pm
What's even harder is the 2.5 weeks AFTER day camp ends, before school starts. Sad
I don't have any in between programs for now or later on in August. And I'm not comfortable with the whole playschool thing.

ysydmom

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 10:41 pm
It is very tough. Usually what happens is that one parent ends up taking off. Or they hire someone for the week.

I have my babysitter come full times those weeks as both DH and I work. When I stayed home I used to watch other people's kids who had to go to work. I did it as a chessed bec. I knew that the people didn't have a choice and I was home anyway they were also the same ages as my kids so my kids had whom to play with.

It definitly isn't easy to do and takes a lot of koach out of a parent.

The in between daycamp costs more money than hiring someone to come to your house, there are alot of young girls that you can probably ask to come over for a few dollars an hour. They can take the kids to the park and for pizza.

Working is very hard this time of year but unfortunately in this economy most people have no choice.

Hatzlocho.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children