Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How to cook to meet everyone's nutritional needs?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 6:02 pm
I have two children who are very underweight and the doctor told me to add a little bit of oil to their food, to use whole milk and full-fat cheeses etc.. to help them gain weight. I also have a dd who is not overweight, but on the high side of normal, so I really don't want to give her any extra fat and I specifically try to cook lowfat for her. I also have a few kids in the normal weight range and I would like to just cook normally for them.
Any ideas of how to do this without having to cook in 3 different pots?!

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 6:13 pm
Oil can be drizzled on the food once it's plated, only for the kids who need. Another idea, if you doctor agrees (my ped okayed for the 2 of my kids who are very underweight, aged 3 1/2 and 1 1/2), is to keep the meals all the same but give those two kids a little protein shake as a supplement. I get an extra 100-200 calories into my kids each day this way and I feel a lot better giving them this then nosh, juice or other empty calorie items others have suggested to me.

me4

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 11:23 pm
extra side dishes that can be prepared in advance an frozen so u can make a meal with some fattening and some not fattening food... healthy food with different toppings like sour cream vs plain yogurt.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics