Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Malawach, any ideas???
Previous  1  2

Prez

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 1:04 pm
Wanted to clarify- the malawach goes IN the crock pot but not in the cholent,just placed on top of it

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 1:10 pm
Prez wrote:
Wanted to clarify- the malawach goes IN the crock pot but not in the cholent,just placed on top of it
Yes.

ttbtbm

Post Thu, Sep 14 2017, 8:00 am
ra_mom wrote:
I know someone who puts some into her cholent and whoever tastes it can't stop eating it.

Reviving an old thread but this sound so interesting! But how do you label the cholent into a serving bowl with the Malala he on top?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 14 2017, 8:44 am
ttbtbm wrote:
Reviving an old thread but this sound so interesting! But how do you label the cholent into a serving bowl with the Malala he on top?

Move the malawach aside, spoon the cholent into a serving bowl, and then transfer the malawich on top of the serving bowl. Like you would kishka.

ttbtbm

Post Thu, Sep 14 2017, 6:26 pm
Thank you!!

ttbtbm

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 2:33 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Move the malawach aside, spoon the cholent into a serving bowl, and then transfer the malawich on top of the serving bowl. Like you would kishka.

Do I put it on the cholent frozen? How long before shabbos? Thank so much for your help with this!

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 5:32 pm
Yes, frozen. You can put it in now.

ttbtbm

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 5:37 pm
Thx so much!

HeartyAppetite

Post Sat, Sep 16 2017, 10:15 pm
I make a pastrami pizza appetizer out of it. It's our favorite! Fry the malawach on both sides. Sauté an onion with cubed turkey and pastrami. Add 1-2 Tbl BBQ sauce. Sauté another few minutes. Serve on top of the malawach dough. It comes out heaven!!! Everyone rants and raves about it.

MiriFr

Post Sat, Sep 16 2017, 11:06 pm
Fry and onion with some white cabbage ants cut up pastrami, ) cut malawa in 8ths (like a pizza), smear on a lil mustard and mayo, spoon pastrami cabbage onto the wide ends on slices, roll up. Serve with duck sauce.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics