Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Refrigerator recommendation

LisaS

Post Sun, Jun 20 2010, 5:48 am
We need to buy a new fridge as our current 1983 fridge is dying.

We definitely want to get a mehadrin model,and a wide one as we have between 90-100 cm of space for the fridge. Can anyone recommend a model, brand, store, anything I should factor into my decision. I know that it isn't such a big deal which fridge we buy, but they seem to range between 4000-8000NIS and that is a lot of money! So I want to get something we'll be happy with for 20 years, iyH.

I went to Bnei brak and I asked the store owner which fridge lasts the longest and he gave me a shiur on siyatta dishmaya. True, but I still don't know which fridge to pick...

Which brand model do you have and are you happy with it?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 20 2010, 5:51 am
just curious, what does it mean a fridge is a mehadrin model?

kalsee

Post Sun, Jun 20 2010, 5:53 am
shabbat- maybe she means a fridge that has a shabbos setting?

I have amcor. It has a shabbos setting and I am very happy with it . It's 10 years old.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 20 2010, 5:54 am
kalsee wrote:
shabbat- maybe she means a fridge that has a shabbos setting?

I have amcor. It has a shabbos setting and I am very happy with it . It's 10 years old.
what is a shabbat setting? I have never heard of this for a fridge Smile

LisaS

Post Sun, Jun 20 2010, 6:04 am
I actually didn't know about this either until recently, but I decided that I'd rather get something that will be good by all shitot, since it is easy enough. It seems that most of the sharps and amcors, and a few in the other brands are "mehadrin" which means that either you opening the fridge doesn't affect the motor, or there is a setting to make your opening the fridge not affect the motor.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 20 2010, 6:11 am
LisaS wrote:
I actually didn't know about this either until recently, but I decided that I'd rather get something that will be good by all shitot, since it is easy enough. It seems that most of the sharps and amcors, and a few in the other brands are "mehadrin" which means that either you opening the fridge doesn't affect the motor, or there is a setting to make your opening the fridge not affect the motor.
interesting, you learn something new every day.

im not happy with our fridge so I wont give my opinion Smile

RachelEve14

Post Sun, Jun 20 2010, 7:29 am
I have a sharp and we have been very happy with it.

There is a chip chok you can slide over the buttons to make the fridge think it is closed all of Shabbot. I have no idea if it's "mehadrin" or not. It's not a Shabbot "botton" but more like a fancy tape thing. I'm pretty sure the motor doesn't work when it's closed.

lollypop8

Post Sun, Jun 20 2010, 7:38 am
I have a samsung- its a great fridge. Couldn't be happier.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions