Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Latest you've heard of a baby getting teeth
1  2  Next

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 5:17 pm
My 15 1/2 month old still doesn't have her first tooth. I'm not worried. The doctor is not worried. I'm just curious how common this is. Did any of your kids (or someone you know) not get their teeth till late? How late? Was the teething worse? Did they all come at once at that point?

amother

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 5:22 pm
Have you ever seen a child without teeth?????????????

Dont worry, it will come.

mommalah

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 5:23 pm
14 months. It may just run in the family.

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 5:24 pm
I guess I have to quote myself.

BennysMommy wrote:
I'm not worried. The doctor is not worried. I'm just curious how common this is.

shosh

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 5:27 pm
my littlest boy got his teeth when he was about 14 months old. They all suddenly appeared. What made it seem even weirder was that he's a twin, and his little twin sis got her first teeth at about seven or eight months! Both of them were fine. It just seemed so strange bc we had the other one to compare him with.

rochellee

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 5:42 pm
Not to make you worried or anything but I have a cousin that does not have any teeth. He had to get them all implanted. His kids are each missing about half their teeth. So there is such a thing as someone not having teeth. I'm sure your son will get his real soon!

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 5:46 pm
rochellee wrote:
Not to make you worried or anything but I have a cousin that does not have any teeth. He had to get them all implanted. His kids are each missing about half their teeth. So there is such a thing as someone not having teeth. I'm sure your son will get his real soon!

It must be some sort of condition especially if his kids have the same problem. Hey, no cavities LOL Confused !

HappyMommy23

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 5:59 pm
20 months. No problems just teeth came in late

sarahd

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 6:02 pm
My mother claims I didn't get my teeth till I was around 15 months old. I don't remember that, of course, but I do remember that my last baby tooth fell out when I was in 11th grade. (In class; it was pretty funny when I walked out in middle of class and the teacher asked me where I was going. I said, "my tooth fell out" and she almost passed out because she figured it was a permanent tooth.)

su7kids

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 8:07 pm
I don't remember when my son got his teeth, but I do remember it was very late, and when he was older, he lost the baby teeth long after his friends did. More than a year later.

He has a full mouth of teeth and didn't have cavities because he was so long without teeth!!

cranberry

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 8:27 pm
One son got his at about 15 months. The top two first, then the bottom two. Five months later he now has four in front on top, two in front on the bottom, and four molars either all the way in or coming in.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 8:32 pm
21 month and now she has at 27 months almost all her teeth!!!!!!!

Rodent

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 9:39 pm
I've heard of kids not getting until 20 months or so. My second son wasn't that late (13 1/2 months) but they came very slowly and out of order. The middle bottom teeth, the ones you normally get first, he didn't get until around his 2nd birthday, well after his molars etc, it looked very strange! I think his eye teeth came through about 2y2m. No 2 year old molars yet. He was a bad teether unfortunately.

pina colada

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 9:49 pm
dc one got the first tooth at 16 months, dc was a preemie. I asked the pediatrician before she had teeth if there was a chance she would not have teeth and he said that there is a condition where pple don't get teeth, but part of the condition is that the hair does not grow either. so if your dc has hair, you most likely have nothing to worry about.

lech lecha08

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 4:12 am
Our doctor told us not to worry until 15 months. The day before DD turned 15 months, she got three at once! Supposedly, one of my nieces was 18 months when she got her first tooth

amother

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 4:37 am
one of my kids didn't get teeth till 18 months when I was at the dentist with one of my other kids I asked him to check if there are any teeth under the gums because there wasn't even a sign of white bumps! he said in all his career he has seen only one case where there hasn't been any teeth and the child had implants (not saying to scare you but to reassure you how uncommon it is)
he checked and said there are teeth under there!! Also she is now 8 years old and has a mouth full of teeth where the rest of her class has lost almost all their teeth she has lost only 1!! It will happen eventually.
If you are really worried go for an x-ray. Not sure if its fact or myth but I was told that teeth that appear later are more likely to be healthier (it sounds good no?! although I htink good teeth is to do with proper nutrients, gentics adn how much flouride in the water).

imaima

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 5:00 am
BennysMommy wrote:
My 15 1/2 month old still doesn't have her first tooth. I'm not worried. The doctor is not worried. I'm just curious how common this is. Did any of your kids (or someone you know) not get their teeth till late? How late? Was the teething worse? Did they all come at once at that point?

the later they come, the later they get spoiled. Don't worry!

ShmeinaK

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 7:58 am
I researched this because my baby didn't get his first tooth until he was 19 months old. The dentists recommend 19 months as the cutoff before seeing a dentist about it.
He got three teeth (I think one came in because he banged his gums during a fall). His doctors have been telling me he is about to get a tooth since he was 4 months old!
Anyway, after his first three teeth he waited two months and just got the fourth (all on top) and one bottom a couple of weeks ago.

curlyhead

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 5:02 pm
I am missing 3 adult teath which were never there. Have 2 bridges. All my baby teath were there. If you are really worried you could always take an xray to make sure there are teath under the gums. Late teathers mean that their teath will fall out late. I did not get my first tooth till 12 months and my first tooth did not fall out untill I was 9.

BennysMommy

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 11:38 pm
Well everyone...my daughter got her first tooth today! (16 months)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics