Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Need Reassurance-my son has a microp*nis
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 8:16 pm
amother wrote:
Am I the only one who finds it disturbing that mothers of healthy children (I.e. No medical conditon) are trying to determine whether their sons will be small or large as gown men? What, are you planning to pull out a ruler and measure them to see how they compare to the average three year old? And to comment to others regarding their sons' sizes. . . Maybe I'm crazy, but this is very odd to me. Thank Hashem for your healthy children and leave the size up to Him.

(besides for the fact that size in infancy or toddlerhood is likely not the most accurate predictor of size in adulthood. )

I think their concern is for medical reasons. At least that's how I understood it.

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 8:17 pm
amother wrote:
Am I the only one who finds it disturbing that mothers of healthy children (I.e. No medical conditon) are trying to determine whether their sons will be small or large as gown men? What, are you planning to pull out a ruler and measure them to see how they compare to the average three year old? And to comment to others regarding their sons' sizes. . . Maybe I'm crazy, but this is very odd to me. Thank Hashem for your healthy children and leave the size up to Him.

(besides for the fact that size in infancy or toddlerhood is likely not the most accurate predictor of size in adulthood. )

It is not about comparing sizes, but about a medical condition. Micro-penez is something very serious, there is a minimum size required for relations.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 8:20 pm
Chocoholic wrote:
amother wrote:

It is not about comparing sizes, but about a medical condition. Micro-penez is something very serious, there is a minimum size required for relations.

I was not referring to those who suspect their sons may have this condition- which is why I specified what I bolded above. I'm referring to the amothers who posted recently, like this one (don't know how to quote her), who actually reiterated later, in response to lifesgreat, that she does not have any medical concerns:

what is considered normal size for a baby and toddler. I'm afraid to click on those links in case there will be pics...so I don't know much abt this "condition" but I think my boys are pretty small compared with the few others I've seen getting diapered. what is considered normal? (and I know its obviously not a condition-like size or my dr would have said somthing...I'm more wondering if they will be on the smaller side their whole lives in this area) thanks.

Raisin

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 8:20 pm
amother wrote:
Check out wikipedia for the full information.
Regarding averages and statistics, most people fall into the average range. Some are unusually large and some are on the smaller end. No matter how "small" it is large enough to function and to have fertility.

Someone in my family, the mother of many boys, put it once this way.
She said "my boys are all "tznius", nicely sized, not huge and I am very happy about that."
She said this after seeing someone change her baby's diaper, and that baby's was tremendous.
Silly talk. But I guess she was repulsed by it! Everyone is used to their own.
But I think size runs in families, like height and other genetic tendencies.
Still most people, according to statistics, fall within a half inch of normal.

Most "larger" claims are exaggerated. One size fits all, basically. Or one size fits most. Very Happy

shock Maybe her kids are tznius (for other reasons, size of body parts has absolutely nothing to do with tznius) but I think making a comment like that about her children is not very tznius.

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 8:22 pm
amother wrote:

I was not referring to those who suspect their sons may have this condition- which is why I specified what I bolded above. I'm referring to the amothers who posted recently, like this one (don't know how to quote her), who actually reiterated later, in response to lifesgreat, that she does not have any medical concerns:

what is considered normal size for a baby and toddler. I'm afraid to click on those links in case there will be pics...so I don't know much abt this "condition" but I think my boys are pretty small compared with the few others I've seen getting diapered. what is considered normal? (and I know its obviously not a condition-like size or my dr would have said somthing...I'm more wondering if they will be on the smaller side their whole lives in this area) thanks.

I don't know how I missed those last few lines.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 8:31 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
amother wrote:

did you notice that she later posted-

oh and life'sgreat its not that I have any concerns that its a medical problem, I'm just concerned that it is on the smaller side. so r u (or a/o) going to answer?

What? Why? And raisin- I agree. Who goes around talking about that?

(and who actually believes that if Hashem made someone bigger they aren't tznius? Scratching Head )

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 8:34 pm
amother wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
amother wrote:

did you notice that she later posted-

oh and life'sgreat its not that I have any concerns that its a medical problem, I'm just concerned that it is on the smaller side. so r u (or a/o) going to answer?

What? Why? And raisin- I agree. Who goes around talking about that?

(and who actually believes that if Hashem made someone bigger they aren't tznius? Scratching Head )

No. Frankly, I don't know where my head was. Scratching Head

Raizle

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 8:36 pm
amother wrote:

Someone in my family, the mother of many boys, put it once this way.
She said "my boys are all "tznius", nicely sized, not huge and I am very happy about that."

WHAAA????????????? shock

amother

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 8:38 pm
I'm assuming the amother who is wondering , is wondering if her son is small I would think because he may be self conscious about it. I would assume guys who are smaller don't like to be smaller. It's comparable to girls who are small chested. It can be a self esteem thing. I understood it to be a concern about that, not about any medical problem. (and don't yell at me for the chest size comparison, I'm sure there are plenty of people who are happy with their smaller size, but many are not)

amother

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 8:38 pm
I agree that mothers are shallow for thinking what 'size' their children will have. Oh come on. If it is not a medical condition, and most likely if your doctor hasnt mentioned anything to concern you, get a life!

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 8:40 pm
amother wrote:
I'm assuming the amother who is wondering , is wondering if her son is small I would think because he may be self conscious about it. I would assume guys who are smaller don't like to be smaller. It's comparable to girls who are small chested. It can be a self esteem thing. I understood it to be a concern about that, not about any medical problem. (and don't yell at me for the chest size comparison, I'm sure there are plenty of people who are happy with their smaller size, but many are not)

No it isn't comparable. It should compare to the woman's nether regions if anything.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 8:44 pm
amother wrote:

so. . . these mothers are going to order those supplements I get in my spam box about increasing size for their babies??? How is this information useful? AND WHY ARE THEY THINKING ABOUT IT? Am I missing something here??? What

amother

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 11:22 pm
amother wrote:
I agree that mothers are shallow for thinking what 'size' their children will have. Oh come on. If it is not a medical condition, and most likely if your doctor hasnt mentioned anything to concern you, get a life!

I don't think I am shallow. I want to make sure that my son will have a normal intimate relationship with his wife one day, because I love my son and want him to be happy. My doctor hasn't mentioned anything to me, but I still need to double check this for myself, because I am not so sure it is trivial. Do you consider a potential s-xual issue to go into the medical catagory?

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 11:30 pm
anyone who thinks that the mother who is worried about her son is shallow has not googled the condition. I would be concerned too. and pray tell, how exactly does someone with a flat mp impregnate his wife? I see a range of response about this including that while some can have successful insemination, there are also sometimes satisfaction issues.

get it checked out. we fear what we do not know. big hugs to you and I hope it all works out well.

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 11:31 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

I don't think I am shallow. I want to make sure that my son will have a normal intimate relationship with his wife one day, because I love my son and want him to be happy. My doctor hasn't mentioned anything to me, but I still need to double check this for myself, because I am not so sure it is trivial. Do you consider a potential s-xual issue to go into the medical catagory?

If you are the one that asked for information, didn't want to google, and don't have a medical concern, well, something's off. You want to know something, yet don't want to know/read/see?

amother

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 11:36 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

If you are the one that asked for information, didn't want to google, and don't have a medical concern, well, something's off. You want to know something, yet don't want to know/read/see?

Wasn't me. I am just another amother who is wondering if her son really has an issue and is going to ask the pediatrician.

Raisin

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 6:30 am
life'sgreat wrote:
amother wrote:

No it isn't comparable. It should compare to the woman's nether regions if anything.

what, you've never heard of women choosing c sections so they don't get too stretched out down there?

Isramom8

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 6:41 am
Yes, a s-xual issue falls into the medical category, as does an emotional issue.

No, it is not motre "tznius" to have a samller p-nis. That mother meant "average". She used the word "tznius" to mean "not attracting unusual attention".

amother

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 10:26 am
amother wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

Wasn't me. I am just another amother who is wondering if her son really has an issue and is going to ask the pediatrician.

can you post after speaking to your pediatrician when he tells you the average size?

amother

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 10:41 am
for all those concerned here is a site with the info you are looking for. no pictures, just basic info. with a chart on the second page. you won't find pics like on wikipedia...

http://www.drgreene.com/qa/pen.....ion=1
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics