Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Would you wax your 2yr olds obvious uni-brow?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

louche

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 2:09 pm
absolutely not. the very idea is insane.

michal817

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 2:11 pm
the world's best mom wrote:
Besides the physical pain of the waxing, what kind of message would that be sending your kid? You're too ugly so we have to fix you up? Please, leave your kid alone and let her feel happy just to be her until she gets old enough that it bothers HER besides just bothering YOU. At 2 yrs. old, she has to know that you love her, hairy or not.

ITA. Yes

ianaii

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 2:14 pm
NO! shock shock

blondie

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 2:15 pm
I would think waxing can tear a baby's skin! Dangerous!
To the above posters who mention that it's wrong to "fix" her, that's also my reason for not piercing my girls' ears until they want it. I also consider that painful and only for the mother's sake.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 2:17 pm
louche wrote:
absolutely not. the very idea is insane.

I think so as well. When I saw the title of this post I thought it must be some sick joke. Now that I've read through it, I want to cry.

ianaii

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 2:21 pm
blondie wrote:
I would think waxing can tear a baby's skin! Dangerous!
To the above posters who mention that it's wrong to "fix" her, that's also my reason for not piercing my girls' ears until they want it. I also consider that painful and only for the mother's sake.

I agree with u 100%

ewa-jo

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 2:25 pm
Build up her self-esteem, enroll her in fun activities, help her learn some cool hobbies, buy her nice clothes.

Some of the 'popular' girls in school were not necessarily the prettiest ones, but the ones who were fun and interesting and good at things. If a different-looking child is fun to be around, the other kids won't tease them, they'll make friends. If a different-looking child has low self-esteem, then they will be a target.

joy613

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 2:27 pm
No way!
I'm just thinking how much it hurts me, I can't see putting a 2 year old through that. And it's not like it would be one time. You would have to keep doing it.

This really shocked me:

Quote:
Some adults who have seen her asked me and one even told me she did her toddlers eyebrows.

OMG Is she normal???? (the mom not the kid)

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 2:42 pm
I think that it's your projection that's making you want to do it. Keep in mind that you can build her confidence and make her fully comfortable with how she is. My son once asked me why he has a unibrow (which I hate) and I said that just as some people have big noses, others small, some are tall and some are so short, some people have such eyebrows, while others are different. He's been content and ok with that answer.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 2:52 pm
omg- are we talking about a two year old toddler/baby in diapers (or just about out of it)?? Help

louche

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 3:01 pm
amother wrote:
omg- are we talking about a two year old toddler/baby in diapers (or just about out of it)?? Help

The diaper status is completely irrelevant to the question. You think it would be acceptable if the kid were toilet trained?

solo

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 3:02 pm
I think wait for her to ask u bout it.

shevi82

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 3:07 pm
I would think that waxing a 2 year old would be child abuse. If you worried about her feelings wait untill she'd 6 or 7 to talk about it.

Raisin

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 3:13 pm
my dd's classmate has a unibrow and a few weeks ago some of the other kids in the class started teasing her about it, so her mother took her to have it waxed. However this child is 11 not 2. It might be something you want to do when your kid is older, but 2 is too young.

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 3:13 pm
shevi82 wrote:
I would think that waxing a 2 year old would be child abuse. If you worried about her feelings wait untill she'd 6 or 7 to talk about it.

Personally I would wait until the child comes and asks ME for it.

LisaS

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 3:16 pm
No.

At age 10 if she wants to.

There are PLENTY of beautiful girls with unibrows. Please don't be self-concious of it.

Isramom8

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 3:22 pm
Actually I think I might, without making a big deal about it. I'd make it like trimming her hair, cutting her nails, brushing her teeth. This is easy to keep groomed - it's not cosmetic surgery.

You put your child in braces and hand her a razor at some point for her own good, don't you? I just gave my dd deodorant - I'm not waiting till she says that kids tell her she stinks.

spinkles

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 3:33 pm
Right now your daughter should be running through sprinklers, scribbling on the walls, playing hide-and-go-seek, snuggling on your lap, and learning to speak in simple sentences. She should be a giggly temperamental excitable adorable two-year-old! Her life right now should be all about joy and exploration.

The main thing she needs from you is security. She needs to know that Mommy will always be there for her, that Mommy's safe and warm and comforting.

I don't really see how waxing her eyebrows fits in with that.

I know you just want to spare her from kids' mean comments, but kids will always find SOMETHING to mock. If not the uni-brow, then something else.

Go snuggle your kid, and tell her how beautiful she is! Hug

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 3:38 pm
Isramom8 wrote:
Actually I think I might, without making a big deal about it. I'd make it like trimming her hair, cutting her nails, brushing her teeth. This is easy to keep groomed - it's not cosmetic surgery.

You put your child in braces and hand her a razor at some point for her own good, don't you? I just gave my dd deodorant - I'm not waiting till she says that kids tell her she stinks.

The key is age appropriateness. This child is nowhere near being age appropriate for any of this.

Isramom8

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 3:38 pm
Right, and don't remove her lice because she is beautiful with them, just as she is.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics