Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
They thought for themselves by Sid Roth - Missionary Book

neverbored

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 9:39 pm
The following book has been distributed to homes locally this week. Be advised that it is a missionary book matzav.com reports. It's called "Sid Roth - They thought for themselves - Ten amazing Jews."

It was delivered in Lakewood back in March and has now come to Brooklyn. Please be aware!
http://matzav.com/lakewood-res.....-mail

Cookie Monster

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 9:48 pm
I got it too. Discarded it right away. It was very obvious on the cover whats its all about.

sequoia

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 10:00 pm
I like the comment: "One wonders what aveira the receivers did to warrant them being punished by having this avodah zarah delivered into their daled amos."

Online comments -- never a dull moment.

Maya

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 11:07 pm
I got it too and dumped it. It's easy to see right away that it's a missionary book.
Thanks for the warning.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 4:16 pm
Reviving an old Thread-

I got this book today. Wondering if I should use it to make a fire and toast smores or let my kids make paper mache out of it?

Ok- seriously. Please warn any naive family and friends you may have not to read this. The letter that comes with it and the cover of the book dont mention Yoshke or Christianity at all, and someone may actually think it is about Judaism.

greenfire

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 4:21 pm
and what would be wrong if you read it & became informed ...

sequoia

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 4:23 pm
Because Christian missionaries use sophistical arguments. I've seen them at work, on the lonely and elderly: it's disgusting.

I don't usually say this, but it's best not to go near those books.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 4:24 pm
greenfire wrote:
and what would be wrong if you read it & became informed ...

What would be wrong? You'd be wasting precious hours of your life that you'll never get back. Life it too short to read carp.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 4:43 pm
Because it is deciet.

I am not talking about the basic fact that we very much disagree with the Christian mindset. I am talking about the fact that it is a book printed by an evangelical missionary which he sends to large groups of Jews without them requesting it. The book claims to be about Jews and Judaism, but is a thinly veiled attempt to convince the unsuspecting reader that to be a'fulfilled Jew' one must 'accept the blood of Yoshke'.

If a person of another religion writes a book about their religion they should include in it the origins, history, customs and beliefs. It should be about why one should WANT to be that religion. I may not agree with that religion, but I can respect its history and culture and its members.

this book on the other hand is an attempt to disprove my religion based on faulty logic and intentional misreading of texts. I have no interest in listening to any person whose beliefs cannot rest on their own merit.

Its the same as politicians. I rather know what a politician X believes in and will do if elected (even if I dont agree with him) rather than hear why politician X feels politician Y would be bad for that office.

So no, not interested in reading it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics