Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Double Chocolate Orange Cookies

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 25 2010, 2:45 pm
Double Chocolate Orange Cookies
I've made these several times & bthey're quite good; disclaimer - not low fat or high fibre or anything I stand for!

2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cups oil (or 1 and a half stick of marg)
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup[ brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
pkge chocolate chips, any kind
zest and juice of one large orange - you can squish with a fork if you don't have any other option, and use a potato peeler to zest it

Mix your ingredients in a bowl and bake at 350 for 9 to 11 minutes, reversing sheets of course so that they bake evenly.

Eat and enjoy !!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

NotSoNewKallah

Post Sat, Jun 26 2010, 6:17 pm
Thank you for typing it up and posting CM. Wink

octopus

Post Sat, Jun 26 2010, 7:55 pm
I'm not familiar with "zest". So I'm guessing that zest is the orange peel. So if that is true, you just dump pieces of peel into the cookie batter , or you are supposed to do something special to it?

OOTBubby

Post Sat, Jun 26 2010, 8:32 pm
octopus wrote:
I'm not familiar with "zest". So I'm guessing that zest is the orange peel. So if that is true, you just dump pieces of peel into the cookie batter , or you are supposed to do something special to it?

Zest is the ground outer (orange part) of the rind. You can do it yourself (though some poskim hold you shouldn't use it because of possible bugs in the skin) or buy it ready ground (in a spice jar -- McCormick sells it).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins